Wednesday, December 04, 2019

(101) A better day and 8 years ago... on this feast day of the Mother of God...













8 years ago my Oma entered the door into eternal life!
My Husband was then my kind wonderful boyfriend and was with me
at my parents house, and a few days after my Oma (Dutch for Grandmother)
died he went with my cousins and my sister and brother-in-law to
Brampton Ontario to the funeral... I wrote about this on an early 
anniversary of this date....here... and here about the link
I feel, personally, with my Oma and the Mother of God and this day... 
***
I missed my Oma a lot during liturgy, even though she was Protestant,
I remember so vividly how much I felt her as a Mother as I was
learning about the Mother of God as Jesus' Mother...
***
I am so glad for my Oma and for her life and that she was my Oma. 
***
I had various icons blessed today.
***
Today was a happier day.
I can tell I am overtired and need to pace myself.
I am doing my best to do so.
***
May God have mercy on us and help us!

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sure you will always miss your wonderful Oma. But just think of it.... she is already in heaven and whatever pain she suffered is all gone. I'm so glad you have a good, kind, and supportive husband. Blessings on both of you.

Becki said...

Missing a loved one is a sweet thing. Maybe it's because I'm getting old, but those moments/hours have become an opportunity for me to think about Heaven. Reuniting with those who've gone before. Knowing there will be no more missing people. No more sad longings.

Lisa Richards said...

Granny and Becki expressed my feelings well. God bless you and your wonderful husband!