Wednesday, November 28, 2018









Well. I got my Christmas tree up. BUT 2 strands of my 3 strands of white lights are goners. So amazon to the rescue, new lights ordered, coming Saturday. I hope to have this all up and decorated by Monday night....

After 3 quick pictures, Cleo the Curious was kicked out of the Christmas tree box! 
2 of my white cords were not functioning so I have to wait 
for the new ones so that I can trim the tree. 
Tomorrow is NYC day and Friday I am going to try to bake!

One of the best moments is when I am reading out loud to my Beloved Husband 
from JRR Tolkien's Letters 
we are currently in 1938, the Hobbit has been published recently 
and these letters are such a joy to read!

I am glad for each moment that was a pearl of goodness...
I managed to get the dishes done, the counter clear, the dishwasher full
now of clean dishes and 3 loads of laundry done and two meals for us.

I was tired today,
not having slept well in a while now, 
and it is wearing on me, related to the unbloggable.
But my Husband and I keep communicating and that helps everything.

I am hoping to see the White Sisters from St Elizabeth Convent tomorrow
at the Columbus Circle Holiday Market in NYC!
And it is a fish day tomorrow 
(for Holy Apostle Matthew) and as the fast just started today,
I am already glad for a fish day!
(the fast being that one has no meat/fish and if strong enough no dairy,
medical problems often necessitate otherwise).

So I am thinking this for the next few days, schedule wise,
Thursday ~ NYC
Friday ~ bake
Saturday ~ quiet ~ hopefully my new Christmas lights come this day
Sunday ~ stay local, a quiet day
Monday ~ Trim the Tree! and Clean House! Hopefully my dishes I ordered come this day
Tuesday ~ Feast Day liturgy!
Wednesday ~ bake a cake + prep for lunch on Thursday + get chairs from garage
Thursday ~ have local church friends over for St Nicholas day lunch 

There. 
Having a schedule for this helps a lot. 
My Husband will be working during the lunch I am hosting
so this is new for me, though I have had many
come for lunches and dinners when I was single
and I had a lovely couple for dinner in the Theophany season a few
years ago when my Husband was traveling for work.
So I can do it, but it feels new at the same time, but I am excited.
I am keeping it simple, or simple for me.

Fia sauce (pasta sauce with red wine) and pasta.
Fish fillets, breaded; salad; bread.
desserts, tea, coffee. 

The presentation is a big part of it.
That and preparation before hand. 
Thankfully I have friends coming to help!
It will be a joy! 

3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

Schedules, lists and 'keep it simple', all very sensible!

Lisa said...

It is definitely good to have a schedule when you're home! I'm about to have two weeks off at work, due to new carpet being installed, and I am hoping that I'll be able to keep to a schedule of some sort.

karen said...

I'm decorated and Miss Holly the cat keeps going at the tree in the early morning while I try to journal or pray (I do those in the mornings with coffee). She is a funny one.