Tuesday, November 27, 2018

And so it goes...


Pictures below of the last 2 days.
My eyes are stable, so that's good.
Two meals out and today I had Thanksgiving leftovers, lunch and dinner.
We got some more not so great unbloggable news today.
Well, God will help us in all things I pray that we will focus on Christ
and not our troubles.
So on to the pictures...








A lot of good.
Good breakfast (and meet next to me others from Michigan!)
Eye doctor wait was long as usual. But at least my eyes are stable.
And I had a burger for lunch.
I was feeling a bit teary yesterday, just about the struggles I see around me
and also the ones we are in.... 
I got a second silver-plate anti-tarnish cloth board and cover,
for the other big drawer we have in the buffet that has the candles I light on top.
I am impressed by how much fits in it.
I added a few other pieces that I had put away and am impressed at how much it holds.
The next biggest one was about a half inch too big to fit but am happy with this.





I have been enjoying the 2 party/etiquette books! both from the
daughter of +Matushka T who we used to visit in the nursing home.


Yesterday was raining cats and dogs!
I finally got to try the Hunter rain-boots that I got for free when my neighbour moved! 
They worked great a little big but loved them! 
(I used to have a different pair, the fit was not as good / they were heavier). 
So glad to have these! 
I could not believe the amount of people wearing 
costly leather dress shoes in that weather! 
I love having the confidence of rain-boots that I can go through puddles with!


So this was lunch and dinner! YUM.
Last day before the fast! 



I bought these with Christmas and birthday money.
Though I got a deal on them - I did not pay what the original price was as 
I got a discount for buying nearly the whole lot of what this etsy seller had 
for this pattern! 
 (I did not get the tea cups or sugar bowl but every thing else). 
This helps complete my first set of China, and the only set that I will have a setting of 8 for!
This set of dishes (that I already own) were my Grandma's silver rimmed every day dishes, 
she gave them to me about 20 years ago!
 I love them and use them through out the year and esp at Easter / Pascha. 
***
I am really excited about them coming, esp as I am planning on using them
for next week for a St Nicholas lunch I hope to be hosting!
***

I got a copy of this video finally for myself.
Sharing it here. :) 
***
Well, we keep trying to do the best we can with all that we
are facing and I pray that God will have mercy.


3 comments:

Becki said...

That's a cute picture of the boots. And an interesting picture of your eye. I'm glad your eyes are stable. I am reminded that it is time for me to be making my annual eye exam appointment. Time goes by so quickly!

Tracy said...

VERY glad your eyes are OK, Elizabeth--great news! :) But how sorry I am that there was some not so good news this week--prayers coming your way!! Thank goodness for the little brights spots in a day, those little "lifts" of the heart as we soldier on... How nice are those good boots! LOVELY the china--Fantasia, what a pretty name. What a great idea, that anti-tarnish cloth to store silver in! Holiday meal leftovers are the best, aren't they? They almost taste even better the next day, and the next... ;) Wishing you & yours a very BLESSED Nativity Fast!! ((HUGS))

Lisa Richards said...

I miss the Thanksgiving left overs since we went out to eat! Nice rain boots! They're good to have. Have a great Christmas season!