Saturday, November 10, 2018

Blessings on this colder Saturday











Blessings on this day were many...!
Quiet ones, that one has to notice I guess, if one took one's life fore-granted anyway.
I had some of my Rose tea that my Husband bought me in Luxmebourg when we 
went out for tea there... that was really nice, it's a gentle black tea!
We listened to the Hobbit over breakfast! 
I found it really enjoyable to have muffins and a half banana with my tea!
We had left over pizza for lunch with a salad! Later we enjoyed some of the cookies I baked
last week and I had a new hot chocolate, 
I found it great with hot water and some cool milk added
to the cup as I drank it! It needed the milk to add the 'creaminess' to it...
LOVE that it was colder today and that hot chocolate was just the ticket!
I got the kitchen cleaned up again (though since dinner, it needs to be re-cleaned up,
it's never done, is it, the cleaning?!?) and managed to do a bit of laundry 
and we had a walk today, I talked to my Mom and Grandma
(my Grandma is having a not too serious surgery in December so she pretty much has her 
Christmas baking DONE already! I am so excited to have my tin of her baking, 
God willing!) and over dinner....  a super simple dinner -- 
my version of Easy Chicken Parm: 
organic Chicken strips 
(cooked 8 minutes, then the Parmesan cheese on top, then baked 8 more minutes...
I did not take it out exactly at 8 minutes so the cheese 
was starting to go past the 'melty stage), cooked pasta 
and a Trader Joe's marinara sauce. 
Noodles in bottom, sauce next, then the two chicken strips with melted 
Parmesan Cheese placed on top!
Tasted good, fast and easy! A spinach salad followed!
So over dinner (and before dinner...and I think a bit at lunch too)
my Husband and I had some particularly good talks.
Everything from  Fr Alexander S's Journals, to experiences we have had
in our lives as Christians, to the current situation we are in 
(in relation to the unbloggable situation that we are facing) and I feel a lot better 
about it, in that I understand a bit more of what my Husband is thinking
and how much better both of us are regarding it. 
So I think that will help me a lot in the next while as we continue to see
what God does in our lives... 
It's not easy, but there are very few times in one life where things are 'easy' and
that's how it is... 
My Husband is re-reading Tolkien's Silmarillion and I love seeing how he
is just so absorbed reading it... it's one of his favourite books,
one that he has not read in years but listened to various times...
We are really enjoying listening to the Hobbit together... 
it's my first listen to it but I have read it twice!
I am dreaming of Thanksgiving and trying to get everything set...
even though I love doing dinner parties and cooking up a storm,
I am glad that I am getting most of our meal delivered...
it's really good from our local grocery delivery service and I have a lot going on that week
(in NYC that Monday, Wed having someone over 
and needing to have the table fully set and all bowls, serving things ready!
I should polish my silver-plate, 
will have to get out our small crock pot for spiced apple cider, 
which I need to get yet... along with rolls, a salad, the canned yams... 
A lot to look forward to! :)
And now, I better get to bed so I can enjoy tomorrow, DV!
Sunday, liturgy and dear friends! 
God be with you all!



3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

You have been very busy this week I think.
Tolkien was never one of my favourite authors, I'm not sure why, but I appreciate that he is a much loved writer.

karen said...

your happy food with smiley faces always gives me a smile as well. I'm going to my dad's for Thanksgiving and I need to make the gravies and the pies.

Gina said...

I have that very same hot chocolate sitting in my cupboard and I have yet to try it yet. I will take your advice and add milk to mine - I need the creammies! Tolkien is one of my very favorite authors. Have a blessed week!