Sunday, November 18, 2018

Up and Down, God is with us in both places





My Husband kindly took the top picture, 
the beautiful shawl Mat Anna made and Ginny's Jonny the shawl pin. 
I loved wearing this very much.
***
More struggles today.
Made it to church, liturgy and meal was great.
Struggles mid-day. Exhaustion. Very long nap.
I managed to get the place more picked up.
The newly baked goods are in the freezer.
I was very happy making dinner.
Fia Sauce and Meat Sauce, both from freezer, an easy meal to make
and I finally felt more successful in making a meal.
And enough for tomorrow + easy meal for Tuesday with the leftover chicken we also have.
Tomorrow NYC - various errands, including Trader Joes.
I think it will be a good day - getting out, doing needful errands.
My one house goal is to finally get the church library and bookstore books processed.
This week went esp wonky towards the end and I am behind on a lot,
but I am well on my way now to a house ready for Thanksgiving.
And now, I better get on to bed.  
We are definitely limping along at present, 
more bogged down by the unbloggable again.
***
I see such suffering in the world; ours is so small compared to so many.
I think the only reason people make it through, other than God's help,
is just that there is no other way but through.
May God help us and have mercy.


6 comments:

Paula said...

Love your shawl!

Tracy said...

Oooo.... you have a Ginny's Johnny shawl pin!! :) It is sooo lovely... And so is your hand-knit shawl... GORGEOUS! So many so sweet things to lift your days. I'm sorry you're still struggling with so much. It's hard when limping along feels like a long, long time... God Bless you & keep you during this time. When we're deep in the valley, the only way is up again! :))) ((HUGS))

Lilly's Mom said...

Such a lovely shawl and shawl pin! I do hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving. The Lord is always watching over us and will continue to guide us. Blessings to you dear Elizabeth. Pat 🍂 🦃🍁

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Beautiful shawl and pin too. I tried to go to Trader Joe's today; there was a line of cars half a block long waiting to get into the parking lot so I skedaddled! Will try again tomorrow, earlier in the day. I'm sorry to hear you are having continuing unbloggable struggles. Prayers for you both. And I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Becki said...

I meant to comment in the previous post, but forgot... That is a beautiful shawl pin! I thought it looked pretty with your other shawl (or scarf) in yesterday's post. This shawl is wonderful, too.

Lisa said...

I love your pearls and your layers. I napped yesterday in between church services, with just enough time to throw together some chicken soup - thank God, it came out well! There was a library program I wanted to attend but I just couldn't make it.