Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Half-way through my goddaughter's quilt top!



Finally.
I was able to sew!
(I broke the bottom of the fibula bone in my right ankle,
so I have not been able to use the pressure foot until now).
***
It's been over 2 years since I designed the 
***
I finished the 8th row today!
It felt so very good to be working on this again.
I really hope I can continue on this.
***
I love both quilting and baking for the same reason:
one can actually see results and make something
that others will enjoy.
***
I am hoping that I can sew at least a row a day
if possible and then move on to cutting out the bottom
fabric and then I will have to have it all basted,
which will take more effort.
Of course I will have to press open all the seams
with an iron before moving on, 
but one thing at a time, right?
***
Little by little,
I hope to create a quilt that my dear just 3 year old
goddaughter will love for years to come! 

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Oh, this was HAPPY to see, Elizabeth! I love the colors you are using for your goddaughter's quilt. Quilts make special gifts, I think. And I feel much the same as you do about the joy of baking and sewing/quilting--the making, the seeing of the results, and being about to share what's made. It fills the heart! :) And it is never too late to finish a project either. ;) Happy Stitching... God Bless you! ((HUGS))