Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Feast of Holy Dormition + Festive Housekeeping































Mr Husband and I made it to our first overnight stay
for the Feast of Holy Dormition;
Sunday liturgy, Sunday night vigil, Monday liturgy for
the Feast of Holy Dormition.
God's mercy helped me find my at-home icon after an
initial fruitless search for it. 
We had a delicious vegan meal before vigil.
I got just a taste of being out during Summer time... 
it's hard to believe I missed most of summer this year, but
there's nothing that can be done about it.
We had a simple festive meal of crackers, cheese and greens last night.
We have beautiful blessed Dormition flowers that were for
+Patrick's birthday.  
I am really enjoying, deeply appreciating and savouring these flowers. 
***
I cleaned up our table, polished our silver tea pots and things, 
and yesterday, on the Feast, the Tolkien books that my Mom
mailed me on August 24th came! Only 4 days! 
These were my copies of the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings
that I read for Fantasy Lit in about year 2000/early 2001,
just before the movies began.
We hope to have a staycation in September and these books
are one of the biggest things we hope to be doing:
just resting, sitting and reading these wonderful books.
My Husband loves Tolkien and I love him too
and I am looking forward to days of rest and quiet,
reading, enjoying some nice food and the delight in the other's company
as we read and talk about Tolkien's brilliance, beauty and heraldry.
***
Meanwhile, it is the days after the Mother of God's Feast 
and I am glad for these days...

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Those are beautiful editions!

elizabeth said...

thanks! yes, I love them too!!!

Tracy said...

Such festive food and flowers for the Feast Day! The Holy Dormition is a very special Feast Day. So glad you were able to enjoy so much of it. Beautiful photos from your celebrations! Very exciting your staycation soon! I can highly recommend a staycation to "recharge the batteries." :) And Tolkien (lovely books) is a great companion for a staycation! Happy Days ((HUGS))