Sunday, August 20, 2017

A blessing





Mr Husband and I made it to our 
far-away church today!
Thank God, I was not car sick (was a bit worried about that).
I was able to see many of the kids and many friends.
It was so very nice to be back!
We went to the store after, really quickly, for things we 
cannot easily get via grocery delivery
and I sat on the bench and looked at the flower section that
we go to Pascha Sunday day to get flowers
for our Pascha table and for gifts.
***
That was so lovely, just to see 
and be reminded of happier times.
***
Mr Husband and I are hoping to do a staycation in September
and I am excited for this.
***
The hope that we will have better days ahead and
a chance to have some rest is quite welcome about now.

6 comments:

Helensmum said...

A stay cation in the place you love most!how lovely and enriching to spend time together and soothe your souls.
Ann Marie

GretchenJoanna said...

A staycation is surely something to look forward to together. It is sweet to be happy together now as well. All the time, all the times, God is with us. <3

Rachel said...

What a beautiful iconostasis! I hope to have a little staycation in September as well, it's much-needed.

Martha said...

The iconography is serene and prayerful, especially the icon of St. Elizabeth the New Martyr, and that's your patron saint, right?

elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Martha ~ emailed you ~ St Elizabeth the New Martyr's name's Saint is St Elizabeth the Mother of ST John the Baptist and this St Elizabeth is also my name's Saint!

Rachel ~ yes. thank you. I hope your staycation is great!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you were able to make it there! I sure everyone was so happy to see you.