Thursday, August 24, 2017

New Fasting (vegan) dishes, beauty of a well set table, books and Cleo















Simple Vegan Soft Taco

1. 1 red onion chopped, 2 small garlic cloves chopped. Caramelized in coconut oil. 
2. One can pinto beans rinsed and put in with above. Ground cumin, dried cilantro leaves and taco spice added. Salt, pepper. 
3. Chop up avocado. Vegan cheese. Hot sauce and salsa. Lettuce. 
4. Heat up soft taco in microwave. 
5. Added cooked basmati rice (heated) the second time I made this,
a perfect addition - makes it more filling and warm and balances the bean proportion well!
(Did about half rice / half bean for 1 soft taco).
Make taco, roll up and enjoy! 
Best thing is that Mr Husband liked it too!
***
Next I made two mildly spiced vegan Indian dishes.
I chopped up half an onion for the 2, the curry had minced garlic; both had slices of 
peeled and raw ginger.  I did curry spices to taste. Curry had bamboo shoots (canned), frozen 
broccoli and white great northern beans. I did put a little bit of green curry paste + 
a small amount of sriracha sauce in it for a hint of heat.
I used these two recipes as bases for the veg curry and the dal.
I was so VERY pleased to cook these! First time I did a bigger cooking job,
with 3 pots on the stove at once. I was really pleased about that!
And now we have food through till the weekend!
***
Cleo has decided that she likes vegan cheese.  She is an old lady cat now 
and a goof at that! 
***
PT is going well.  I am making good progress.
***
Husband is working from home today and I love that.
***
I accidentally ordered 3 (instead of 1) bottles of bath bubbles via amazon...
I was wondering why the second box was so big! They sent me.
instead of the second box having 2 bottles, SIX bottles!
Suddenly I have 7 bottles of bath bubbles. 
I was honest and called amazon about the mistake,
as we had not paid for the extra 4 and I was officially told that I 
can keep them. So that was lovely! God first gives us extra lettuce
to give away and now a generous supply of bath bubbles! 
***
I am re-reading two Sayers mystery novels and am enjoying them.
***
Mr Husband got me two jars of my favourite local jam
instead of flowers this week. 
Very sweet of him and thoughtful. 
He's also been picking wild flowers on his way home, 
I am so thankful for my Husband.
***
I got a lovely hand-dyed handkerchief from Katharine  
and some lovely snail mail earlier this week! 
And that's been my week!
How's your week going? 
Almost Friday now... and we have
the Feast of Holy Dormition this Monday!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Such goodies today, Elizabeth! And so glad your physical therapy is going so well! Thank you for the vegan recipes. It's always good to have some recipes to collect for fasting times! :) Love seeing your table with all the dishes for enjoying taco! So sweet with flower treats from your hubby. And that is a LOT of bubble bath... LOL! Perhaps save a couple/few to give as easy gifts? Mysteries and crime drama is my not genre, but I used to very much enjoy the Dorothy L. Sayers books when I was in my teens. Seems so looong ago now... ;) A busy week on my end. And so much so I didn't get to post this Friday as usual... LOL! Looking forward to, hopefully, a weekend with some slow-time. Happy Weekend to you all there... And Blessed Feast Day on Monday! God Bless you!! ((HUGS))

Nancy said...

I first read the title as meaning you get a new set of dishes,but I couldn't figure out what vegan dishware would be.

Nancy said...

I first read the title as meaning you get a new set of dishes,but I couldn't figure out what vegan dishware would be.

elizabeth said...

Nancy, that's so funny! :)

Nancy said...

I was a little out of it at the time. I see I posted the comment twice and had a typo too. Sigh...

elizabeth said...

Nancy, no worries. and I did not even notice a typo! be gentle with yourself dear friend!