Friday, August 06, 2010

With the Feast!

Today was the Feast of the Transfiguration!

*

I was able to go to liturgy

and eat blessed peaches and grapes afterwards.

Plans for going to the monastery when I am home

are coming to fruition.

God is merciful.

I have applied to another job
and will be working on two more applications in the coming days.
*
I am in a whirlwind of church services,
friend visiting
and job searching.
*
It is all very joyous but a bit overwhelming at the same time.
God is really giving me a special time right now
and I am grateful.
*
At the same time I am seeking to earnestly pray for a job.
And asking God to prepare me for this.
*
I was at a Paraklesis service
and this was really beautiful.
*
I talked with a friend who told me of a monastic giving these two beautiful words:
***
Be soft, be ever becoming more soft towards the Lord.
***
Give God your prayer rule and let Him change it as He wills -
hold your prayer rule with open hands towards the Lord.

2 comments:

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Happy Feast! Love your thoughtful posts lately, and such beautiful photos of flowers! Best wishes for travel plans and bon courage for the continuing job applications.

elizabeth said...

Thanks Anna! Yeah... I really should take more pictures again too... so much beauty in God's created world! Thank you so much for your best wishes! :)