Monday, August 02, 2010

Coming Home in August

My sister and brother in law DV

will be home from Romania

and so I am going

home as well!

I will be able to visit with family,

the monastery,

and I hope to be there on their feast day.

I also hope to hear my sister and brother-in-law speak

at the church my sister and I grew up in

about her work with the orphans in Romania.

I have heard
recently of so many sudden tragic accidents
of people suddenly being taken from this life.
*
I pray that all will be well for me
and that I will be able to visit my family
and that they will know how much I love them.
How much I see them,
their faith and trust in God;
I used to tell people that if there is anything good in me
it is first because of God
and then because of my Godly Mother, Father,
Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles.
I know I am blessed
and pray that in this I can bless others
and learn to love as I have received love.
*
Meanwhile I will be job searching here,
and will also be online while away to continue job searching
and French learning.
*
I am seeking to trust in God's mercy for provision.

11 comments:

Michelle M. said...

How wonderful! I am sure you will enjoy the time with your family. How long has it been since you last saw them?

GretchenJoanna said...

That sounds like a really good reason to travel and have a change of pace and venue...God bless you and refresh you!

elizabeth said...

Thanks Michelle! I last saw my MI family last Christmas, my parents in Ontario in May, and my sister and brother-in-law last August, so a year ago...

Thanks GJ... yes... it is a real blessing... I am hoping indeed for refreshment and God's blessing!

Juliana said...

I am so glad that you will be able to visit your family and the monastery! May God continue to bless you.

Mimi said...

What a blessing for you!

E Helena E said...

This is wonderful news!

elizabeth said...

Thanks Juliana! and Mimi and E-H! :)

Matushka Anna said...

Glory to God! What a blessing. I hope to see my parents at the end of August - it's been almost a year too.

And a trip to a monastery - what a refreshment. (c; If God so wills, we'll be going in November! A lot to look forward to!

elizabeth said...

Mat. Anna, how wonderful! I hope both trips work for you! It is such a blessing to see family and go to the monastery! :)

margaret said...

Thank you for posting the monastery's website. I have asked for their newsletter and am very much looking forward to it.

elizabeth said...

your welcome Margaret! You can also get their sister Monastery's journal via email... feel free to email me for information...