Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday, Memorial Day


We got an unexpected 'bonus' in our grocery delivery of this past Saturday.
Some Applegate natural hotdogs were included.
So I fried up three of them with slices of onion and minced fresh garlic,
starting with the onions, then the sliced meat and then the garlic, as I 
have learned that garlic can burn quickly!
I tend to fry things in coconut oil.
It made for a good meal!
***
We are having a nice and quiet day today.
I slept in - needed it as I did not sleep as well on Saturday night.
***
Mr. Husband is working on our taxes,
as they did not get done yet because of getting the flu.
***
This morning was spent cleaning and then making our lunch,
with enough for dinner tonight.
This afternoon I cleaned up again, read a page of CS Lewis' letters to A.G.
and have been doing some needed online research.
***
I am hoping to make the Munchkin a little travel bag,
as he will be traveling this summer.
I already have a few things to put inside
and am hoping that some needed pictures show up soon,
so I can make another part of this gift.
So I hope to do this later this week,
as well as tackle the newly accrued laundry, paperwork 
and such.  
I am also hosting a lunch party/tea welcome-to-a-new-Small-Lady-Munchkin
who dear friends of ours are adopting.
I am pretty much thinking about this daily and what I will make,
when I will make it, etc. 
I love planning meals for special events!
***
Our local pool is open and I am hoping they will have adult swim in 
the morning soon.
Somehow I need to combine a schedule that includes rest with exercise,
finish my godson's quilt, do Sunday School planning for next year,
and work on house-projects.
***
It suddenly is summer weather and I am so glad.
There is something about summer that invites new activities and 
dreaming of bring some projects to fruition and completion....

No comments: