Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Yay! Progress!

I was up for a bit when I got a text. It was my Husband sending me an ilu "GIF" 😍 😉☺️ 

Well! My stitches are OUT!!!!!🎉🎊👍🙃

Sometimes I can wear my Birkenstock sandal instead of my surgical shoe! Other times my toes are still too swollen. 

I texted a friend this earlier today:

Now that I have had the afternoon with walking / hobbling in the house for 1.5 hours and then 1 hour rest and then up periodically: I needed my ibuprofen and ice. My toes swelled enough that the Birkenstock sandal over my foot was too tight again. So I went back to using my surgical shoe. If I am not feeling great/my foot is very swollen in toes I used my cane to try to take some weight off my foot. I am thinking that NYC next week is too soon. So am going to reschedule my appointments. BUT I will try to keep walking more around the house so I can regain strength etc.

*****

I am so glad for the progress. 

My toes are taped differently to help them set right. Overall it's more comfortable than orher ways of taping but can bother me a bit. 

I read more of the L' Engle book. Was very impressed by her writing on the Jesus Prayer.  Astonished to realize that her praying this prayer was how she came to believe in Christ. Beautiful. 

I am feeling much encouraged. 

Praying for many people: so many are sick with fevers and such.

May God have mercy on us 🙏 

1 comment:

Martha said...

Such a good prayer...my hope, refuge + shelter! Glad you can slip on your Birks when there's no swelling.