Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Thankful


Chocolate covered Turkish Delight from Istanbul via my traveling tea friend. It was the best I have ever tasted. I felt it would have rivaled the addictive box Edmund, in Lewis Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe, was given by the white witch.


Special blessed incense from my local church. My Husband has a bit of a cold so wanted extra special things.

I also culled my cookbook shelves to make room for new ones that I was given (all vintage except the one I got last week in the mystery package)!

Tons of chicken soup for my Husband ❤️

Excellent delicious Chinese food, spicy to clean our sinuses.  I felt GREAT eating this food!


I got to use pretty dishes and was able to wash them. 

I go to doctor tomorrow  .... hopefully will not need my toes taped any longer. 

Boy am I glad to be doing better as my Husband really needed extra support today. I made him at least a gallon of tea today 🤣🫖🫖🫖🫖 I am so proud of him for doing so much to recover quickly.

We are hoping to take out a lady with no nearby family out for lunch at a restaurant on Thanksgiving so VERY much hoping this can still happen. [BTW my Husband did test for ~the virus~ and it was negative].

Well thank God for all things and especially for such great food and tea! Tomorrow we will rest up!!

God bless protect and console 🙏 




3 comments:

pleximama said...

Speedy recovery to your husband! Isn't it funny how we take all our tasks for granted until we are unable to perform them? What a joy to hand wash such beautiful dishes!

Gretchen Joanna said...

I'm puzzled by the picture of chocolate-covered Turkish delight.... it doesn't look chocolatey at all! Is it a new kind of "golden chocolate" or something? If it's Turkish delight, whatever the covering, I'm sure it's yummy!

Gloria said...

Happy Thanksgiving Elizabeth. I have been off the grid for the last couple of weeks but glad to know you are up and about. I hope you husband feels better soon. Chicken noodle soup is Mom's cure all for everything!