Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Wednesday: In the Middle of the Feast (Mid-Pentecost)


















It was wonderful to be in church this morning for
the feast of Mid-Pentecost.
***
I had cause to look up the prayer for this special feast day 
(It's called Mid-Pentecost because it is exactly the middle day
between Pascha and Pentecost)
which is as follows, with some Scripture reference mentioned:

The Troparion of the Midfeast 

"In the middle of the Feast, O Savior,
 fill my thirsting soul with the waters of godliness, 
as Thou didst cry to all:
 If anyone thirst, let him come to Me and drink
 [John 7:37]. 
O Christ God, Fountain of our life, glory to Thee!"
***
I found myself thinking about purity and water
and the holiness of God while at liturgy...
how healing comes through Christ... 
***
I am continually amazed at how I can be at liturgy
and in such a beautiful church
and most of our surrounding city does not know we exist
or that the church is so beautiful, not to mention the possibility 
for community, church family and healing that comes through
actively practicing one's faith there.
***
Well.  I am FINALLY caught up on dishes.
This week went a bit sideways and 
I've been struggling to catch up.
And today was very full,
with liturgy, then lunch at home,
working on my writing project, rest, more work,
a good walk with Mr Husband, dinner,
reading, emails, prayer, dishes... 
***
I really want to get going on my writing project in earnest again.
I am making some progress on it at least.
***
Asking your prayers for my sister and brother-in-law's wish
to adopt their foster son; they are experiencing a lot of 
very unexpected curve balls and it's been hard; 
they have had him since birth and he will be two this summer.
We love that little button of a boy with all our hearts
and wish it was not so difficult to know that we can have him
as a forever nephew for me, son for my sister...
I can't tell you more or show you how cute he is
but I can tell you he is very loved and happy now
and has no idea that his past and possible future have 
any complexity... 
***
Well, I am relieved that I at least have dishes done,
towels are nearly done in laundry; 
more to fold; more to wash.
***
I was reminded again of how tired many (all?) of us are.
The pandemic has really done a number on our world.
I know I am quite tired, my Husband too and I think most of us...
***
I am so thankful for the good things,
like books to read, research and writing for me;
cooking, baking; a beautiful flower, taking a walk...
***
May God help us all and have mercy on us!

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry your sister and BIL are having such struggles adopting the little boy they have cared for for 2 years. I hope they will be successful and will certainly pray for them.

Martha said...

I thought of you as i walked this week, finding roses growing by fences!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful crucifix!