Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Small Update for Today

I wrote this for social media earlier.  My eye is still paining me so will not write more.  I am so thankful. 

***

Here is my update on the second moderna vaccine.  My arm started hurting (where the shot was) pretty soon afterwards.  I noticed it as my arm did not hurt with the first one until that evening.  So I've been taking ibuprofen for that.  I have had a slight headache (and my eye hurts but I think I bothered it earlier this week, but am using eye drops and such...also checked my vision with my amsler grid, all seems as it normally is).   I am tired and my guess is that I will be quite tired tomorrow but then will regain my strength again.  Of course My Most Beloved Husband has been wonderful.  For dinner when I said I wanted an English Muffin toasted and slathered with peanut butter he did just that and it was delicious!  My Mother will be happy to know that he also made me a spinach salad.  I am terrible at eating vegetables.  I am thankful for it all and am most excited about God willing in 2 weeks I hope to visit my library again in NYC (they still require masks but that bothers me not at all as going there is more than worth it!) ❤  ps: I've been having lots of liquids and have used a cold ice pack wrapped in a fuzzy wash cloth on and off for the arm pain.  The nurse suggested rest, lots of liquid and cold compress if my arm hurt.  🙂

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi, Elizabeth! Hope and pray you will be feeling better all around soon! We have yet to get our first does of vaccine--it has been a very slow process here. Glad to check in with you. I've been offline for a few weeks now since a lot of unpleasantness on IG--very much needed a digital detox. :/ ((LOVE & HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Prayers for you! My husband's second Pfizer shot was a doozy but my friends who've gotten Moderna all seemed to have an easier time of it.