Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tuesday: Bright and Beautiful

 I am writing with so far a better day than yesterday.  Groceries delivered (I accidentally bought 6 milks instead of 3 and still had one from last week so we have at least 7 half gallons in the very full fridge).  I have food for fast-free meals.  And Friday is a fish day, which is fun.  I am getting caught up on laundry,  mainly so it does not have to be done again until next week.  I am, in part at least, seeking to get ready for tomorrow which is my second vaccine shot; so if I am over tired, I don't have to worry about anything in particular. 

I am re-reading DE Stevenson's Katherine Wentworth and am remembering how wonderful it is.  Amazing how an author can leave you refreshed so quickly.  For refreshment I need a specific type of solitude, not necessarily alone but that which I have some time to myself and can read and be reminded of my blessings.  

I wrote the above earlier in the day.  It is now late at night (nearly midnight) and I went to dinner with a friend and then came home to a happy Husband telling me about his work, his walk, and such.  Because of the pandemic my Husband and I are home together all the time, which thankfully we are fine with as we have a solid relationship (by God's mercy and a lot of intentional work at it) but it is good to have a small break too.  So that was nice.

I thought I was going to get a yogurt at the upscale grocery store but forgot about it's reduced hours (8 instead of 10) that happened because of the pandemic so it was too late to do that.   

I finished re-reading Katherine Wentworth, how I love that book.  The concept of rest.  The beautiful people, quiet and kind.  

Well, it's about 30 minutes to midnight or so and it is time for me to go to bed.  :)

No pictures but I wish each of you God's mercy, consolation and peace.  That if you are in a deep struggle, that God will help you, will pull you out of it and never let you go while you are in it.  

3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I'll find Katherine Wentworth right away! Thank you! I hope you don't have too much of a reaction to your second shot.

Granny Marigold said...

Well, by now you have probably gotten your shot. I hope you don't have any bad effects.
I will definitely look for that D E Stevenson book.

Gretchen Joanna said...

That's a lot of milk!

I've never read DE Stevenson... but your mention of *refreshment* makes me wonder if her books would be good for my summer reading...