Thursday, May 13, 2021

Thursday: Blessings At Hand









A lot of blessing today.
I texted my sister-friend asking if she had time to help
me with something (I had a book purchase I was not sure of
that was more a question of myself and discernment,
as she knows me so well and for so long, she was able to help me
decide and for that I am so grateful). 
And then we talked about other books, ideas and also
Elder Sophrony and his books.
***
So that was super great.
***
Lunch and dinner were thankfully easy.
***
I FINALLY did my final edits on my review of Sean's wonderful
memoir.... sadly the Instagram model did not allow for the whole
thing to be in one long comment and somehow something went wrong
and there is a type-o in the second half (the letter n of all things?!)
but I did not want to delete it as IG is bad enough with connecting comments
with the text at hand. 
So HERE it is.  I think I will also post it as a separate blog post. 
***
I began reading yet ANOTHER book LOL.
Beginning to Pray for Metropolitan Anthony Bloom.
***
I wrote about a page in my writing project.
That was great.
I am thinking of how to break up my large project into manageable parts
for the purpose of project management and editing. 
So that's good.
***
I took a walk and did about 18 minutes/mile and that's astounding for me.
I am not always that good; my record is a 15 minute mile. 
But I am seeing improvement and pray that it stays.
I've been walking nearly every day since lockdown and made
a really concentrated effort to improve my physical/emotional well being
when I went home last year to MI, doing lots of walks for that purpose
and praying to have better habits.
It helps that my Husband and I at least begin our walks together.
If/when he goes back to work post-pandemic, 
I will have to learn to be disciplined to do this by myself.
but for now, I am glad to have him home
and for the routine we have.
Routine are the most difficult for me to 
maintain so I can only pray that I do.
Like keeping the house tidy, it's a constant struggle
and effort.  And I am making most of the messes 
(my Husband has the office to himself and if that is
a mess outside of my small area, it's not mine).
***
Anyway.  I am not holding my breath for perfection here.
I make messes as easy as most people take breath each moment! 
***
May God bless, save and have mercy on us!

1 comment:

Gretchen Joanna said...

What a cute knitting mug :-)

I love all of Metropolitan Anthony's books on prayer. They are good to read again and again!