Wednesday, May 12, 2021

"I love the month of May"








My Grandma told me today,
She loves the Month of May,
the new green leaves, the flowering trees,
the relief of Spring after the cold, bare winter.
***
Finally, I got to talk with her
and folded laundry as I talked and listened.
I have headphone with a mouth piece for my smart phone.
I talked also with my Mom and that was a blessing.
***
And, miracle of miracles, I got laundry done,
finally the dishwasher and dishes are caught up,
the house if fairly tidy...
I will have more laundry to put away tomorrow
but with leftovers for lunch and dinner already,
it feels like the house, for a day anyway, is a bit more
manageable. 
***
And, as per usual, I am reading 4 or so books at once. 
Actually 5 maybe 6.  But you know :)
***
My writing and research project goes sweeping along, 
with unexpected rabbit holes of research that pull me in
and all of a sudden I am somewhere else but yet more clear
about part of what I was researching prior to the new 
rabbit hole of reading.
***
I went on a lovely walk this morning.
The pictures above are from it.
I love May like my Grandma does for the new green of the leaves,
the beautiful layers of greens... 
***
I hope you are well.
Or if not, then I pray that God gives you strength to
sustain you in whatever challenges you are facing.
May Christ have mercy on us and save us! 

1 comment:

Lisa Richards said...

I agree with your Grandma! We're finally getting some nice, walkable weather. It's good to catch up on housework. I don't feel so badly about my house when I see my daughter with five (soon to be six) kids making messes. When I go next door to visit I find myself automatically helping to clean, though she does a great job! She has a lot of energy! God bless you and yours!