Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Tuesday Clean Up Day and A Most Beautiful Song








A lot to be thankful for about.
I was able to get Mount Laundry done.
Dishes are done!
Table is cleaned.
Coffee table organized. 
Still some things to do, but progress has been made.
I talked to my dear friend in Romania today.
That was really nice.
***
I've been listening to Classic FM (from UK) on my phone for some years.
Lately they have been playing this beautiful song


I have heard it preformed live in NYC by Chanticleer 
and it is very beautiful...
I so wish for a return to life as we knew it,
or as we want to know it again,
and part of that would be being in NYC again to hear
Chanticleer at Christmas time. 
***
So, I have a later (routine only) doctor's appointment
that I may be going to NYC by myself for in later August.
I am kind of excited I think.
At least for the fun parts, like eating outdoors
or doing shopping that I did not do this week
and, I hope, going to my library.
I am still having a hard time deciding WHAT exactly to take 
out from the library.
Should I take out what I know I love,
and re-read DE Stevenson books that they have?
Should I try something different? 
***
I am struggling a bit with the impatience that comes
with the pandemic; seeing so many do things I wish I could do
(travel or shop or a big one *see family*)...
***
And I can tell I feel sad about it.
I still don't do sad very well.
I am more aware of it.
But other than trying to dodge it, 
I am not quite good at doing things that help
that don't involve, well, buying things.
I always know I am sad when I want something.
I mean, maybe not always, but it's really pretty often for me. 
It's not that I ways give into the feeling;
but I also am pretty sure I am not alone in this particular struggle
of dealing with sadness this way.
The whole 'retail therapy' pretty much says it all.
Which is a pretty sad state of affairs but we, I am convinced,
are in a state, we hope, of progress;
dealing with our failings and struggles 
and learning better ways takes time.
And above all, I trust that God is full of mercy.
That we can be welcomed by God because
we realize we need Him; 
because we see that we are sinners
in need of healing.
Wonderful how that is.
***
I pray that God will show you the way forward in your own life,
and that God will have mercy on us and save us! 

4 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

It's good to keep track of progress made and rejoice in it! I hope you get to do lots of fun things in NYC when you have your dr. appointment. Let us know all about it. God bless!

Mary said...

Elizabeth. I am rather rough with my computer skills but I hope this occurs as a link or useful info to get you to this beautiful piece written by this Greek Orthodox Priest near Atlanta . For August 12, the reflection is "A Trust Walk With God". It really brought me comfort. I don't do sad well either Elizabeth. But God IS with us. Be safe and God bless.
http://prayerteam365.com/psalm-73-a-trust-walk-with-god/

Gretchen Joanna said...

That music is beautiful. I'm so happy to hear that your library is open!!

karen said...

this pandemic has been a challenge because all of my family is out of town. Who knows when I will see Canada relatives!! I keep focusing on the the blessings and being busy with what I can do. Thank goodness for telephones and zoom meetings to tie us all together. It's not the same but it's something good. I get a spattering of all kinds of library books and if I read them great and if I don't that is okay.