Friday, August 21, 2020

A Friday Morning Thanksgiving List


Thanksgiving List:

1....8 laps swam in the pool today! Sunshine! Blue skies!

2. With God's help I got our kitchen / living area space clean.

3. Machines that clean laundry, dishes....

4. My pullman covered bread pan came!

5. We got a newer bigger toaster oven
 (I loved the one we had for 8 years, gave it to a dear friend) 
and cookie sheets + a pizza pan (USA pan brand)
that fit in our new toaster oven are coming today! 
(This toaster oven can fit a 9x13 casserole dish!).

6. I can really feel summer being near it's end, the air is a bit cooler, 
the sun has tilted, shadows are different...

7. DV this fall I hope to bake different yeast breads!

8. That I have lots of cookbooks to inspire me in the kitchen

9. That God's mercy is new every morning

8 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful. Thank you.

The Rev. Susan Creighton said...

So nice to know someone else feels the tilting of the sun...or maybe it's the tilting of the earth? So subtle, but I've sensed it strongly the last few days. I'm counting the days 'til October!

Pilgrim said...

1. Library has curbside pickup 6. People who show up
2. Sunny weather. 7. Books
3. Ice cream 8. Air conditioning
4. Butter. 9. Music
5. A working vehicle. 10. Leftovers

Granny Marigold said...

I really like your thankfulness list. I don't have a dishwasher and at times I complain about my clothes washer ( it takes extremely long to do each load) but still I'm thankful for it. And above all I'm thankful, like you, that God's mercy is new every morning.

Becki said...

That is a lovely thanksgiving list.

Martha said...

Wow. For laps and the water and blue skies. I'm so impressed to hear your new toaster oven will hold a large 9 × 13" makes me want to upgrade ours! You should bake yeast breads and try sourdough, maybe?

Melanie said...

I can’t wait to see what breads you make.

karen said...

I am thrilled we are on the end of summer vibes, it's been so hot for too long around here. I miss my daily walks (too hot for me!). Lovely post!