Sunday, August 16, 2020

So Much, So Fast, So Good


On Saturday we went to the Feast of Dormition of the Mother of God
... This Feast is very much how even when she died the Lord have continued to have
her as she is, the Mother of Christ, the God-bearer, 
the one who gives birth to the Incarnate Son of God on Christmas...
and we are not abandoned...
***
We went to dear friend's house, 
first time since the pandemic lockdown happened,
that we were at anyone else's house,
and very sweetly we were asked to be 
their sponsors for their wedding
in later September here in NJ.
I am researching champagne/gold coloured gowns 
and one of the other wonderful
unexpected things is that we suddenly are having
family visit and this will happen in later August
and I have a lot to do to get ready
and it's quite possible that blogging will NOT be happening
for a while, but please don't worry if that is the case,
it just means that I am really busy. 
Also, the family visiting us, don't worry we will all
be safe about the dread virus and all.
***
I admit I was rather overwhelmed by how messy the livingroom/kitchen was getting
and I was able to get a lot of it cleaned tonight
so I feel so much better.
I swear, that much clutter messes with my brain,
shuts me down, overwhelms me with mess instead of clarity.
***
Well, God bless us, help us, protect us.
Lord have mercy on us!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Two wonderful things happening for you - a wedding to sponsor and a family visit! Yay!! And how great that you got to take part in your church event! These are happy, joyful things! We'll be praying that all goes well and that everyone stays safe and is abundantly blessed! Thinking of you, dear friend! Hugs!

Lisa said...

You're buying a gown for a family visit - wow! A special visit, no doubt. That sounds very exciting. My father's side of the family - cousins - always gets together for an evening around July 4th, but we didn't this year, of course. And Christmas, too - I won't expect it, frankly. I do miss it.

elizabeth said...

Lisa, the gown is for the wedding we are going to be in!! 💙🥰

Paula said...

We had Colin's friend from London up last week. It felt very strange having people in my house again! They're on a farm too, though she works in town. She says there's basically only her and one other lady in their office these days. I hope you have a fabulous time with your company. Don't over-do it, they are coming to visit YOU not the house :)