Wednesday, August 05, 2020

Returning to 'Normal' electric filled life










 











Pictures from yesterday and today!
We were so relieved, 
shortly after reading someone online saying that
we may not get power back until Monday,
texting about using a fridge freezer if that is the case,
when, miracle of miracles, our power suddenly went back on!
That tree that fell was a real surprise! 
It's not far from where we live!
We went swimming at 8 this morning, so refreshing.
Esp at the thought of being without power the rest of today.
It was ironic that our early anniversary gift came the day we did not have power...
I have yet to use our new toaster oven, though my Husband used it for lunch...
it is wide enough to fit a 9x13 pan in and is quite fancy! 
I am really happy to have it. 
Perfect all year round but also for when it is warmer and we don't 
want to use the main oven because it is too hot...
I did not sleep that well last night, 
between no electric, someone making strange noises in the middle of the night
(no idea where exactly) and feeling warm, 
so today has been a rest and then clean a bit and repeat. 
It's wonderful to have the power back and to resume 'normal' life...
though the 23 hours felt like a bit of vacation... but the worry about food spoiling
was not desirable! 
Thank God that all is well! 
May the Lord bless us, save us and have mercy on us!

5 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

That was a very big tree that fell!! I'm glad you're okay and have power again. How we miss it when it goes off.
I couldn't get your little video to play. Now sure why.

Gretchen Joanna said...

I also did not succeed in watching the video. I'm glad your inconvenience was short. What a big tree to fall!

Elizabethd said...

The tree must have done some damage I guess. Frightening how they fall so suddenly.
I couldnt get the video to work either, but enjoyed the photos.

Becki said...

So glad your power is on already! What a relief. I'm looking forward to someday replacing our toaster oven with a convection oven - ever since looking into air fryers and learning that they are convection ovens. I'd much rather have a combination toaster/convection oven in our smallish kitchen. I look forward to hearing how much you like yours.

Lisa Richards said...

Glad all is well again! It's not fun to do without electricity. Especially the food aspect. :)