Friday, August 07, 2020

Friday, Peaceful and Quiet


Today was a good day, I am very thankful.
I did not have time before now to fix my error in 
the video about the day of the tropical storm.
I forgot that I have to add those with the 'video' link icon
not the photo option. 
Sorry I did not do it right the first time...
I do read every comment, even if I am unable to reply to them
(not like I am famous and have 100s of them but I can't seem
to keep up with my small quiet life and praise God that I am NOT 
famous with all those demands!)
Anyway, enough blather. :)
Here's two videos I took that day...



*****



Mr Husband and I went swimming this morning! 
I did 9.5 laps (half because Mr Husband was half way through his lap and I joined him
at the end of his) :) 
It was a bit cooler this morning and actually was raining gently,
on and off while we were swimming....
It was good though, and nice hot showers and good towels afterwards is lovely.


I finished this book recently, such a lovely re-read!



I am getting used to my new toaster oven.
I cleaned up my old one that I am giving to a friend;
it was a wedding gift from S & M from my church in Ottawa... 
I felt a bit sentimental about it, 
washing it up best I could... we used it constantly... probably most days
at least 2x a day... toast or heating up something.... 
It's going to a friend and I hope she gets many good years out of it too!
***
I video-talked with my 3.5 year old niece. 
She is SO cute and I love talking with her.
I have lots of stationary from the VNA rummage sale
(boy do I wish the one in October could work out but who knows
with this dread virus situation) and so I got out a box of cards
that all have the same colours and all say 'hello' in different fonts
and styles...
She chose the tiny polka dot one!
She even knew the words "polka dot"... she's really smart
in terms of language and remembering things...  



I got out these pens for her to choose from and also the bunch of pens
that I have on my writing table...


I admit that I am hoping to get to Michael's in NYC next week
and I hope to find some fun new "sparkly pens" to use
when talking to my niece on video on my phone...
I mail her the cards that she picks out and that I write on 
according to what she wants me to write
(usually "Happy Birthday" and then people's names,
her young cousin's and Uncle's today, including Uncle Mr Husband) :) 
She's so funny (3.5 years old it's pretty much a guarantee that they will be funny!)
and today asked to see "the boy" who was Uncle Mr Husband ... 
I told my sister "the fifty-something boy"... it was so funny! :) 
***
We are going to NYC for dentist appointments and I will also see
the ophthalmologist, which is good.
My right eye was noticeably tired today...
I've done a lot of reading this week... 
and I am struggling to stay hydrated, which I know impacts my eyes...
****
I am finding DE Stevenson to be such a balm.
I have not looked at the news much this week, which has been good.
It's OK, I know, to do things that will help one have 
inward peace and cheerfulness to be able to do one's job...
mine to run this house, with help from Mr Husband... 
and if I read lots of news, I would be a mess and not able to function...
and I know, from reading DE Stevenson and how Mrs Tim, in her series on 
Mrs Hester Christie, also known as Mrs Tim Christie, that
she survived WWII (with her husband being in the Army) because
she did not let herself dwell on the 'what-ifs' or the deep troubles of that time.
I know that some people need to know this stuff because they are called
to do something about it but I am not one of those;
I don't ignore world events; you can't be on social media and do that; but
I don't dwell on the news or troubles because it would not help me any. 
***
Well, I pray that each of you senses that God is still with you
and I pray that God will have mercy on us all! 

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for taking the time to fix the videos. That wind must have been something to behold!!
I would absolutely LOVE to go to a stationery rummage sale. There used to be a shop that specialized in stationery in Langley but sadly it has shut down.

Gretchen Joanna said...

You surely do have a great vantage point from which to take videos of stormy weather. I loved those, with the wind blowing the rain and trees.

I am so envious of your swimming! Do you find that it helps your mood? I took a walk this morning, but I've been lax about doing that. It's a vicious circle, not exercising, not getting the endorphins, not feeling like exercising because one is "low," because one didn't exercise! etc etc.

Pilgrim said...

I use those Staedtler marker pens in my bullet journal. The little things make life’s moments more fun. You can change color with the seasons, and draw little seasonal vignettes to motivate yourself to plan and follow through. Some months are easier than others. I haven’t been using many pages, the past few months, but I finally got out of the black Leuchtterm into the Pacific Green one, and I was glad.

Diana said...

I'm glad you guys didn't have any worse problems witht he hurricane blowing through. I love the videos of of the rain and wind blowing, but then I'm partial to thunderstorms anyway lol. Be blessed, my dear friend!