Sunday, August 02, 2020

Surprisingly Good














For the first time since things started opening up,
we were not able to go to either of our churches
for liturgy this morning.
So we watched liturgy online from my church in 
Ottawa and I felt deeply blessed by hearing/seeing the service.
I was reminded that I really had a spiritual home there
and that while I have new homes now,
I have not lost where I came from. 
***
After liturgy was over, Mr Husband and I 
went for a walk...
it was so humid!
But later in the day it was going to get even worse,
so we went then. 
My goodness, was it humid! But I was so glad to have done
this walk!  I feel much better for it, physically and emotionally.
***
Lunch was easy and then we had a Sunday nap and I slept for a long time.
I think all that not-sleeping-that-great and then last night
was sadly very poor as neighbours were loud till at least 12:30 AM...
***
We are getting groceries delivered tomorrow instead of Tuesday,
I am really glad about that. 
The current tropical storm (as opposed to hurricane) is due here
in a day's time or so... 
***
We watched a 2 hour Walton's special tonight,
it was really neat... and we were reminded of our
own happiness, in our family, in our marriage...
***
And I began the third in the Mrs Tim Christie series
and was really struck by the 'now that the war is over' part.
We need to remember that all of our suffering,
all world events, they are only for a time.
***
And that we are here to learn how to live in heaven; to learn
to be with God, with Christ, now and to live in a reality
that the world does not often see...
***
Lord have mercy!
May God help us and save us! 

2 comments:

karen said...

I rarely walk because of how hot and humid it is. I will wait it out. You have a lovely home and thanks for the peek. Our church as resumed Mass weeks ago, I am not attending until the pandemic is over... Which will be a while. I watch a Mass on Youtube out of Boston, it's really nice!!

Granny Marigold said...

I hope the tropical storm isn't too severe. It must make you uneasy just knowing it's coming.
It's too bad about your noisy neighbours. Hopefully they don't do that on a regular basis.