Thursday, August 06, 2020

Quickly, the Feast of Transfiguration



It was really good to be in church today 
and I went out to eat with a friend afterwards
and then we sat by the water, looking at NYC.
I am really tired; not the best nights of sleep lately 
and busy days;
slowly getting the house back together
 after the events of this week... 
I re-read DE Stevenson's book 
A House on the Cliff 
which was so nice to re-visit.
I often wish I could keep reading all about 
the places and people she has...
I always want more about them!
***
Today is 33 years since my friend Tim died.
I really feel that Tim is one of the true hidden blessings in 
my life; such a Christian boy; we were both 10 when he died 
of leukemia. 
I loved and love him very much.
May his memory be eternal!
***
May God have mercy on us!
May He save us!
Lord have mercy! 

2 comments:

Becki said...

I imagine sitting on the water's edge for lunch would be so refreshing. I'm imagining a breeze. Ahhh. Hugs to you as you think about your friend Tim.

Granny Marigold said...

I must look for that D.E. Stevenson book.
Your friend Tim died so very young. Wonderful that you remember him still especially on the anniversary of his passing.