Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Counting My Blessings









These pictures are of yesterday's blessings...
Swimming in the morning, yesterday and today.
Good food.
New to me recipe for cooking brown rice, which my Husband loves.
I had one of my Mom's delicious chocolate revel bars.
I am finding that I have to fight for thanksgiving
and to see all the good in my life; 
it is all to easy to get discouraged and see what I can't do
(like visit family) instead of what I CAN do.
I feel like I am swamped with housework; laundry; dishes; constant clutter 
of my own design often; can I get it under control?
Can I get back to working on my essays I was writing?
Or to a sewing project? Or knitting washcloths?
Today groceries are coming, I hope to make a vegan torte 
and conquer 'Mt Laundry' once again... and finish dishes...
I also have some more pantry reorganization as we want to do
a bit more stocking up of items we have not gotten extras of yet; 
oatmeal, Cheerios, for instance. 
Well, I better get on with it.
May God bless us and have mercy on us!
May He forgive us and help us!
May God save us!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

"Constant clutter of my own design". Those words really struck a chord with me this morning. I'm also finding that housework is taking up more of my time and more importantly, my energy, than it should. Even small things like bringing in bouquets of flowers makes yet more mess. I'm paring down my houseplants and trying to simplify my life. My favourite season is coming and I want to enjoy it fully, outside, not indoors doing housework.