Saturday, June 20, 2020

Things I am thankful for from this past week












(I started this post a few days ago...)
***
I finally got to talk with my Grandma again...
I try to call her once a week
but was not able to for about 2 weeks as life and
then that week of exhaustion kept me behind.
It was wonderful to have her tell me,
"make sure you get enough rest, especially if you are exhausted."
It's wonderful to have her in my life and to be told
to take care of myself. 
Wonderful, that.
***
I managed an afternoon walk...
I foresee a lot of avocado in this fast...
we had this again for lunch...
***
I am so thankful that at long last,
after talking about it for almost a month,
I cut my husband's beautiful hair.
He has thick wavy white/grey hair
and by God's mercy I did not blotch it and it looks
great... I did mess up in the back a little but but it's not
bad and once it grows a bit more, I can fix it.
It was a lot of work, as his hair was long enough to be
in a small ponytail!
It had not been cut in many months...
my friend Grace sent me videos and I watched them
and understood that I could cut using a long comb
as a "guide" instead of my fingers (that freaked me out,
no way am I that coordinated) and I got a sense of
what I needed to do...
***
I am more energy than last week, which was
a difficult week that way, like I felt like I had mono again week.
Sometimes life just throws stuff at you.
(I had mono 7 years ago.)
***
I am better this week but doing my best to be careful.
***
I took a walk yesterday and lost my special pink bananas
and a friend said she would pray for me that I would find it
and I went back through where I had walked and found it!
I was so pleased and thankful!
***
My neighbour who got COVID, because of things
that were not in their control at all,
got super rundown before she got COVID so I am
doing my best to be careful to get the rest I need.
***
It's hard though. People are doing very loud fireworks
and it's after 11 PM right now and they are STILL doing them.
I often have poor sleeps.  But since my Husband and I are both home,
if I need a nap, I am sure to take one; which I know not everyone can do,
but I am thankful that I can.
***
I am behind on some emails and blog post commenting.
I hope to get back to that soon.
***
DV we are going to church tomorrow, and grocery shopping
because we don't get out much, DV of course;
It's a lot of new things.
***
It was a week that was a bit difficult; i was telling
Mr Husband how it was 4 months since we've been so
locked down and he counted and it was only THREE months.
Man.  It feels like WAY longer.
***
I've been struggling a lot more than usual with anxiety.
***
I know it can get better again.
These are hard times.
***
DE Stevenson's books remind me that I need to be patient,
that things have a way of working out when one waits
and trusts...
***
May God have mercy on us!

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

Good for you taking on the task of cutting your husband's hair. Now you know you can do it.
I'm glad you recovered your favourite pink bandana.
Have a wonderful Sunday at church and maybe have a nice nap.