Tuesday, June 16, 2020

A really good book + unexpected news


I re-read Elizabeth Goudge's The Rosemary Tree and it was very nice.
***
Unexpected news ... my neighbour has (got tested for, the city knows etc) the virus;
is actually getting over it already; we have not seen her in many weeks.
Our city has a very low new case count of the dread virus right now... 
But YIKES that was a bit of a shock, the whole next-door neighbour,
shares a wall with the unit under us, etc. having it. 
***
I am having a hard time getting a lot done this week.
Just taking it as it comes.
***
May God have mercy on us.

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

That is a bit of a shock. I hope she is recovering. I'm surprised you havent had to be tested, living so close. Stay safe Elizabeth!

elizabeth said...

Elizabeth ... I think because we really don't talk or see our neighbors much and hadn't seen her in months that we were not contacted to be tested because we have not been in contact with them. However I fully understand what you're saying and I was rather surprised to hear the news myself! Upon thinking on it given what Her partner said I think she probly got the Virus some time ago. But why we were never notified in any way I don't know!

Granny Marigold said...

That must be scary for you. I hope your neigbour gets completely well.

Paula said...

Wow, that's too close. God is watching over you and Mr. Husband. Stay safe.

Lisa said...

That is close. I still don't know anybody personally who has had it.