Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Encouraging




 











I had two walks today!
I am trying to up my heart points.
And the second walk, which was with Mr Husband, 
various neighbours were out and we got to talk with 3 different sets of people
and the first one let me come in to their 'before the porch but after the gate' area
to take a picture of the beautiful white rose in the last picture above.
It was really nice.  I felt really encouraged. 
Our neighbourhood is very mixed, so many different ethnicities and our street 
has always been pleasant and quiet and I am so glad that we can all talk 
to each other.  That's really nice.
I would love more friends and even just friendly neighbours is a great start.
And I like my walks at night with Mr Husband; a nice thing about summer,
that we can be out a bit later and it's not dark.
Thanks to all who read my last blog post and commented.
I have struggled with a lot of sadness about NYC and how much
NYC has suffered, first with the dread virus and now with such destruction.
And the stories I have seen on social media from sources I trust about
the wrongful treatment of so many is heartbreaking.
Lord have mercy.
My Husband and I are adding extra prayers every night
for protection for us all. 
I keep looking for all the beauty, and boy the roses this time of year 
are a great delight.
I took all of these pictures from my walks today.
PS: did you notice the words in the 2 windows of the house I showed you above?
CHRIST RISEN

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Yes, I did notice those words in the window. It's lovely to be able to take an after supper walk and to have even short chats with neighbours.
The roses you showed are beautiful especially that pure white one.

Becki said...

My favorite thing about summer is the longer, later days. I did not notice the Christ Risen in the window until I went looking for it. :) Beautiful roses, Elizabeth.

Elizabethd said...

I did notice the words in the window. What lovely roses you showed us.

Pom Pom said...

I DID notice Christ Risen in the window! The roses are lovely.

Lisa said...

Yes, I did notice the window! Loved the deep red rose. It is very nice to be on friendly terms with ones neighbors, I agree. It's nice. We have a young couple next door, and the husband calls out a hello to us when we're out - he's not shy. Good for him!

Peacocks and Sunflowers said...

Thank you for all these lovely photos of roses - so uplifting this time of year. I'm not seeing many on my walks - there's a large deer population here, and I think people tend to keep their roses in their heavily fenced/netted back yards, away from the marauders!