Saturday, June 27, 2020

Slowly Going Forward










Today is the first day that I am feeling noticeably better 
since the stress I encountered on Tuesday night....
And I was able to do more than when I was so exhausted
a few weeks ago...
Cleaned both of our bathrooms, with Mr Husband's help,
dishes are under control.  Laundry is pretty good, though more to do.
Mr Husband and I were at liturgy Wednesday morning and I rested
a lot that day and we watched the Walton's at night
and I have read a lot of books and all of this helped a lot
as I recovered from my "Stress-O-Meter" going high. 
I know I am so blessed to have these blessings!
and the prayers of many...
***
I've really been enjoying revisiting 
Her characters are very well-written, you feel like you know them;
there's a cozy mystery feel but not at the expense of characterization
of the main characters in her series... they are complex people
with faults, endearing characteristics, struggles and life history; 
I love how she weaves in literature, beauty, people who have faith
and people who don't have faith; beauty and searching.
And that her characters have real struggles...past and present... 
I really hope she is able to write more, I really want to find out what happens next
for Emily, Luke, Oscar, Katie, Jamie and others! 
Her books I find engrossing and ones that I want to visit again and again,
and her home, I wish I could find myself at least visiting 'in real life' ... 
***
I meant to get an early bedtime but I see that I forgot :)
I will leave you with this;
It will be most possibly the best one minute of your day:

4 comments:

Diana said...

I love the color of the lilies! They are such special flowers. Books can sure help us with a small escape when we need it, don't they? Keeping you in continued prayer, my friend! ❤️

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hello, I'm so glad to read you are de-stressing a bit. A good book is always helpful. I don't usually take to mysteries, but you make these Kathryn Bolger Hyde books sound very intriguing. I shall have to check into that. I have recently discovered vlogs (video blogs) on Yoootoob. There is one South Korean woman who makes the loveliest, most calming, beautiful videos just about her daily life at home. I will message the link to you in case you think you'd enjoy watching.

Lisa Richards said...

All of the books look good! I hadn't heard of that Madeleine L'Engle title. I've read lots of hers. I think I've been letting the happenings of the world get to me a little lately. It helps to remember that we're all going through this together, and spend time praying for others. I know it's probably easier for those of us who live in the country and aren't as effected. Trust in God. We can do nothing without Him! :)

Gloria said...

Hello Elizabeth, I am sorry you have been going through hard things, but glad to hear you are finding ways to move forward. These are challenging times. For me spending time with my granddaughter helps keep me grounded. I love reading too. It helps me leave this world behind for a while. Thank you for sharing the video, a good reminder that God is always on the throne.