Monday, June 15, 2020

One Step, then Another


I managed to take 2 walks.
Google Photos is still acting up but I did not have time
to deal with it today.
I made red lentil soup today!
It has been a bit cooler weather and the Apostle's fast just began
and I enjoyed the soup so much.
I told Mr Husband that this soup is so familiar and comforting to me
that it's like when I go to Aunt H's house and we always have the same foods,
a bread from Arnie's, a Dutch bread that starts with the word R,
Dutch cheese, a boiled egg, Jif Peanut Butter, a jam... 
I felt so happy making that soup! 
Mr Husband got the red lentils out for me, 
as they were on a high shelf in the pantry... 
I am feeling better each day...
the exhaustion was pretty bad and I was quite discouraged...
it's like I am coming back to life and remembering what I love about it...
***
I am having a hard time with the loneliness part of this ongoing 
pandemic... I am starting to see people a little more,
but most days it's just myself and my Husband and it can be hard...
I don't have a lot of interaction with others...
Well, we must take life as it is given to us...
I am trying to be brave and pray...
***
I AM happy about the Apostle's fast... something about the change in
liturgical seasons makes me feel hopeful... 
We had watermelon tonight with salad and that was really nice...
***
And we will have a new grocery order coming tomorrow morning...
so that's really nice... 
I am re-reading The Rosemary Tree By Elizabeth Goudge and 
am really enjoying this... I finished
The Baker's Daughter by DE Stevenson... 
***
I went on 2 walks today, so that is also good...
***
May God have mercy on us all! 

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, more encouraged and less exhausted. Hopefully soon you will be able to go out and be with others. It's hard being so cooped up.

Paula said...

I'm missing hanging out with the other homeschool moms too. I love Colin and Ella, but some times I need to talk about something other than video games and the weather :) We're allowed to 'expand our social bubble' but I'm afraid.