Thursday, March 12, 2015

{My time in Ottawa} ~ Another dear friend's prayerful spaces




Icons in a dear Ukrainian friend's home;
I met her the very first vespers I was at 
in my Ottawa parish;
it was her first day in Ottawa.
She had long hair, was studying theology and living in the dorms.
Almost 10 years later, married, shorter hair, three boys,
a husband, house and job as a librarian.
It was so good to spend time with her again this trip
and see her family, her beautiful three sons.
I am blessed to have her in my life and that we 
can talk about things that deeply matter to our lives
and to our salvation.

3 comments:

karen said...

I love seeing other prayer corners so beautiful and reflective. I'm so happy that you were with your friends!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

You are blessed to have a treasured friendship.

Apseed said...

I agree with Elizabeth @The Garden Window. It's a blessing to have true friends!