Saturday, July 02, 2011

St. John Maximovitch the Wonder Worker



To celebrate I listened to some of the

podcasts on him

from Ancient Faith Radio.

Really lovely to listen to,

all about him from a subdeacon who

was a young Altar Boy when

St. John was in Sans Fransisco.

Here they are:







*

Yesterday I stayed home

away from the crowds and noise

of Canada Day

and rested and read all about


whose work at Abbot and as Librarian

endeared him quickly to my heart.

**

Slowly I am feeling more myself again;

today was the last day of the medicine.

Still recovering but the corner has turned.

***

Wonderful that today is St. John's day.

Wonderful that there are Saints in the world

to help us.

6 comments:

Emily H. said...

Thanks for linking the podcasts. They sound interesting. I'll have to find some time to listen to them!

Matushka Anna said...

Blessed Feast!

Cristina said...

Saint John Jacob, a Romanian saint who died in 1960 in holy land also was a librarian and a poet. You can find info about him here: http://ro.orthodoxwiki.org/Ioan_Iacob_Hozevitul

margaret said...

I am glad you've found a librarian saint!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Thank you for posting these ! I will enjoy them !

GretchenJoanna said...

Thank you for the links - I'm praying for you. Please pray for me.