Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Tea Cup Connection




 I found this teacup the first of the 3 Wednesdays
that I was home in Michigan with my family.
My Husband and I drove.
It was good.
Of course the last 2 nights I have slept poorly
and I am dragging (plus we are in a heatwave). 
***
For at least a week at home I used this teacup 
and now I am using it back in my NJ home.
I know I wanted to feel the connection to my
parent's home, my Mother, my Father.
***
It does not work directly but indirectly
it is something and it's beautiful.
It, the teacup, was 3.00 and it's brand was called
'Elizabethan' so of course I bought it.
It is lovely.
***
The transition to home is alwalys a bit rough.
***
It will get better again.
I hope to go to the MET again towards the end of the month.
Today and last night has been a LOT of putting things away.
We got a few stacks of books, plus a few dishes, 
plus some new clothes (mainly thriftstore finds).
It was the year of the shrug. 
I finally found a second short sleeved one, 
I had to buy it new to find what I wanted 
but after wanting one for a couple years, I was 
glad to find one.  I also got a 3 quarter length white 
sweater new.  I got a longer more lace like 
kimono sized shrug at a consignment shop.  And I found a lovely cream one at a thrift shop (my cousin M found it actually!)...
I also got two skirts and two dresses at thrift stores...
***
I REALLY hope that I can start going to NYC every 2 or 3 weeks
so that I can go to the MET and my library 
(they are closeby to each other). 
Both places are involved in my writing project that I am
slowly getting back to.
***
My time away included some conversations with 
people who helped me with direction of the novel
(as in within the topics I am using). 
***
I admit that the idea of going to NYC and being 
able to wear my prettier clothes there
(instead of my functional summer at home wear)
is a bit thrilling.  It would be a huge
emotional boost for me to do this. 
***
 Well, we will see what will happen.  
***
Meanwhile, may God bless and keep you.

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Your new tea cup is so pretty. It was a great find as were the clothes you found. I don't think I've seen anyone around here wearing a shrug but it's been so hot that no one is thinking of sweaters or shrugs! Maybe once it cools off.

Rosemary said...

Going to NYC regularly with lovely clothes for a project DOES sound thrilling! I hope it comes together for you, and that you get your rest. <3 It can be a bit of a letdown returning home for sure, but home is a good place. :)

Your mention of shrugs reminded me ... I once took a male friend's younger sisters and their buddies--about four or five preteen girls--out to the mall with me, when I was I think 17 or 18? We bought a shrug at Macys and decided we were the sisterhood of the traveling shrug, and it made the rounds a few times. :) It was black with gold sparkles.

Elizabethd said...

What a pretty cup and saucer. I'm sure the tea tastes better!

Paula said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I love the tea cup.