Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Finally: a clean table and calm(er) heart


I reread a small book of Jane Kenyon's poems 
and this poem is one of them.
She's lovely to read and so many of her poems
I really love. 



My wash clothes,
travel road trip edition :)
It's all I really make these days
but that is just fine with me. 





I got to talk to my sister-friend today, it was a
real blessing.  
She's so busy with 5 kids!
***
I got two small orders of used books today.
That's fun. 
Even more immeidate fun is that FINALLY my 
study/writing table accross from the coffee table and
couch by the window is CLEAR and uncluttered. 
I look at it and feel a deep sense of relief.
***
I've done a lot of filing of things for my writing project
and some online research (realy a day of work on that)
and some emails (I always have to write and edit these
before sending when they are for research)
but I have yet to be able to return to actually reading the books
that I need to read to do the project and now that 
the house is more in order again
(it always takes a good week after a long trip)
I have hopes that *maybe* I can get to this on Friday.
***
Of course the house needs cleaning again,
but I hope that Friday can be a bit of a study day.
***
Tomorrow is the Feast of Transfiguration.
As you can see, I have my grapes rinsed and waiting
in the fridge for the night and put in the 
baskets tomorrow
(I am careful to rinse them beforehand as they 
will be blessed with holy water at church
and why would one want to rinse a blessing away?!)
:)  I am all set for that, have my clothes out
and all that.
***
We've been swimming more again.
That's really nice.
And tomorrow we can have fish.
I am so glad for that.
***
Today, my Mom told me, as her sister my Aunt P 
called her, that it is their other brother's 60th
wedding anniversary today
so I sent my Aunt T and Uncle M a FB message
to congratulate them...
***
It is good to have things to be thankful for.
I don't have to mention all the things that are 
worrysome, we all knows those already.
Instead, I will think of my friends,
or our soon to be upon us 9th wedding anniversary
in September... or that I have reading to do,
books, tea and vegan cookies at the ready.
***
I nearly forgot... my new leather bag, like it?
I found it for 5 dollars at a thriftstore in MI.
It's perfect and has really good zippers!
***
Well, I pray that you have a moment of calm today
and perhaps also a clean table or something pretty that
makes your heart smile.
***
But if it is one of those times in your life
of great loss or worry, then I pray that God
will carry you, comfort you and uphold you,
as I pray He will for us all.
***
Lord have mercy on us and save us!

5 comments:

pleximama said...

Blessed Feast! Your grapes look delicious. I always remember grapes as I am walking into Divine Liturgy—one of the many little things that falls into the cracks in my brain. Those knit washcloths look so cheery, and practical, too!

Rosemary said...

I know that sense of relief--I had some women over for a Bible study which forced me to clean my desk. I did it both inside and out. Looking at it now brings me so much peace! (And when I told my husband this he cleared his "husband pile" of paperwork that I'm not supposed to touch off the counter as an act of love. :) )

Granny Marigold said...

That's a very nice sturdy bag and you got it for such a low price!
I like the rainbow of colours of your wash cloths.

Lisa Richards said...

I love the bright washcloths! They're a nice portable project and about as much knitting as I do. God bless!

Martha said...

Speaking of drugs, I just started reading Michael Pollan's "Your Mind on Plants" which is interesting so far.
Nice washcloths!