Thursday, August 12, 2021

Fast, Heat and Sound

 My phone has not backed up todays pictures. 
So just a small note for today.
now that I am back.
***
Rosemary, I loved that shrug story.
black with gold. lovely.
The ones I got are white and cream.
I have a great all black one also
but I don't wear that till fall.
***
Today was so HOT.
I did not even step outside.
We worked with fans blowing on us.
Real feel was 104.
I sweated doing dishes with AC at 78 inside
(fans were in livingroom, we have central air
but it's elderly and we don't push it).
***
I had so much sugar today. 
:)  ice cream, lemonade, one hot chocolate too, LOL.
Last day before the fast.
***
I rested a lot today too.
***
I read an intense novel, not an easy one, but
one that I learned a lot from
including suddenly understanding what a breakdown
from being too manic is like (it's in the book)
but also seeing why it happens
(things to difficult to process, esp grief and loss)
and that somehow if you stay hyper like that,
you don't have to feel what is actually happening.
***
Loss is hard.
Just coming back home here to NJ
is hard because I don't have family here and
it's just the say it is.
***
I am so glad, on that more surface fun level,
that I found those shrugs. 
I use them when I wear a dress without sleeves
or a tank top.  At home, no problem, at church,
or even at my library or at the MET, I would not
dress like that.  Only at home or when taking a fast walk
near home when it is summer weather...
***
So I am really glad to be back in our home
because we have so many icons.
I find I am always looking for them without
realizing that I am looking for them.
The comfort, the presence of love, everything,
everything I am looking for really.
So that's a huge blessing.
***
I did so much laundry today,
folded many piles of laundry.
***
Even though a lot was accomplished,
I also rested a good deal.
I know I need rest.
***
May the Lord help us no matter
what struggle we are facing.
May we know that we never face life alone.
God is with us.

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

It's very hot here too. One more day and we should be back below 30C. Today's official temperature was 38.6 which I'm pretty sure was a new record,
You seem to be finding balance between getting things done and resting. That's great.
Have a lovely Friday.

karen said...

resting is the best thing to do. Isn't it amazing at how much laundry there is to do? It's just the two of us and we create a lot.

Gloria said...

It always so nice to be in our own home isn't it. The heat will take a lot of energy out of you. We too have been suffering another heatwave. Ninety degree tonight at 6:00 and 46% humidity. There is a lot of smoke in the air from all the wild fires across the mountains. Thanking the Lord for the blessings of ac. I hope you can keep cool and get some rest in body and soul.

Gretchen Joanna said...

Welcome home! Sorry it's so hot. Here, I'm waiting for the end-of-summer heat to arrive. It always does...