Saturday, August 21, 2021

Rain, Lightening, Small Thunder

 













The rain started about 20 minutes to 8 PM tonight.  We've checked the weather many times as hurricane Henri approaches.  Thankfully we are not forecasted to bear the brunt of it, like other places.  May the Lord have mercy! 

I finally got to work on Friday, read for my writing project, wrote notes.  Today we took a walk in the morning, ate rediculously large donuts (shockingly vegan and they were a freebie!) for breakfast, had a late lunch, went to vespers, ate dinner.  I am reading a lovely small book called A Time To Keep Silence by Patrick Leigh Fermor.  If you don't know who that is, read THIS and enjoy.  Makes reality a lot more fun when you think of such an interesting man, rather Lord Peter Whimsey but much stronger and tougher.  

It was our first time back at our local church, it was good to be back.  There had been a funeral recently and the smell of flowers, incense and goodness greeted me with gentle quietness. 

My father confessor there is older and I treasure him all the more because I feel the fleeting nature of time. 

Before I go to bed, I will pray again for those in this latest storm.  I hear the rain going on steadily as I type, splashing on the road and I am sure, by now, overflowing gutters. 

May God have mercy on us! May Christ hold us safely in His arms! May His Mother be with us!  Lord bless you and keep you... 


3 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I hope the storm isn't as bad as it could be! I'm glad you got to go back to your local church.

Lisa said...

Thanks for your prayers, Elizabeth - we were supposed to get the brunt of Henri, but it was WAY better than predicted! Yes, lots of rain, but no flooding at our place, and no excessive wind, either. Thank God!

Granny Marigold said...

That must have been a lovely Sunday ending with rain which I'm not sure you needed. We have had very light showers but nothing that really drenches the wildfires that continue to be awful. It's hard to believe we're going into the last full week of August.