Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Still Here


It feels like so long since I last wrote, though
it's been less than a week.
I am not sure all the reasons for my quiet,
but some of it is just that I am feeling a bit tired
and am working on my writing project,
reading things and sometimes writing
(and taking copious notes of my reading)
that I just don't have a lot of extra room for 
blogging and things like dishes, and housework.
But my research is going slow and sure and I am glad
of that.  I still hope to go to the MET this Friday.
It's for research.
***
I am reading Gentian Hill outloud at night; 
it's a lovely book to narrate to my Husband who
is really enjoying it.  It has a lot of beauty and magic in it.
***
I also finished the book Different by Sally and Nathan Clarkson.
What a hard road they have had.
***
I am still swimming most mornings.
That is a special time.
***
I wish you all God's blessings, strength comfort 
and mercy! 

6 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

I often have long periods when I don't even remember to blog! Real life tends to get in the way. Enjoy what you are doing! Especially that lovely swimming! :)

Gretchen Joanna said...

I also am impressed with "swimming most mornings." That sounds fantastic!! I used to swim many mornings, and while it was invigorating in many ways, it does take a chunk out of the day and uses some energy!

Granny Marigold said...

I checked to see if our library had Gentian Hill but unfortunately they don't. I'll look in the thrift store. I hope you get to go to NYC Friday and have a great day.

Christie Browning said...

Elizabeth, I am so glad to hear you are writing. You are so gifted. I will pray God will enable you to bring your project(s) to fruition and multiply your time and energy to get done whatever is really important.

Martha said...

Clean water is such a blessing, to swim, drink and use in a variety of ways with the kids these hot + humid days of August.

Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for continuing to write and share your life.