Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Tea for Two ~ to celebrate a newly crowned Bride





























High Tea for the Newly Crowned Bride ~ Menu and Table setting Details: 


Three tiered tray in centre of table:


Top tier: Polish marshmallow chocolate, 

Trader Joe's Chocolate truffle and a puff pastry cookie.


Middle Tier: Scones made from Tea and Sympathy (in NYC) Scone mix

with cherry preserves on the table.


Bottom Tier:  Egg salad sandwiches and 

sandwiches with butter and slices of white cheddar cheese

on Pullman bread that I baked in my new Pullman pan;

this bread is also called Pain de Mie.


In the footed clear glass bowl: chicken salad with bowtie pasta.  I poached the chicken 

according to this method and it worked perfectly.


Tea: Rosie Lee tea from Tea and Sympathy in NYC. 

Milk and sugar cubes included with the tea on the silver-plated tea service


In two water pitchers: filtered still water in one and pink lemonade in the other

 (the lemonade being from concentrate 

made with filtered still water).


Flowers: The bouquet in the tall white pitcher was my bouquet at the wedding.

The lovely 4 smaller jars of flowers were done by the Bride’s Mom for the 

wedding reception and given to me by the Bride when she came for tea!


A&L fan: A wedding favour from the wedding reception! 


Gifts: my personal gifts to the Bride as her wedding sponsor :) 

My dear friend and newly wedded Bride is as much into antiquing and thrift stores

as I am and loved all the things I had for her… which I found mainly at sales :) 


Wooden Napkin Holders: I got these years ago in Halifax with a dear friend;

they are painted on wood and were perfect for this Bride as some of her wedding gifts

are similar in colour to the turquoise :) 


Tea Cups: I used these on purpose as they are from Poland, where my friend is from!

I just got these two teacups from my Great Aunt P’s home

and knew right away that I wanted to do a tea with my friend, the new Bride,

because of where they were made!


Plates: I bought the gold rimmed white plates on Etsy, the seller said they 

were her Grandparents and were gifted to her Grandparents at their wedding. 


Three tiered tray: it is Royal Albert Old Country Roses pattern

 and I bought it at the VNA rummage sale :)


***


The tea was really special, like moments stolen out of time,

Extra-ordinary moments of fellowship, beauty and enjoying a lovely

Tea together! 

The Bride had wanted to go to Tea and Sympathy in NYC before her wedding

but it did not work out...so...since I had already bought tea and the scone mix

from Tea and Sympathy in NYC in August,

I brought her a high tea, in part, from Tea and Sympathy 

and it really was a grand time! 

***

I was telling Mr Husband at lunch that her wedding was such a special day,

It was like my wedding, a day outside of time, and remembering it is like

seeing Narnia from a distance while one is moving out of Narnia,

like in Prince Caspian… 

Our high tea feels like that a well, 

Moments stolen out of ordinary time, special memories that we will

carry with us…

It bought back so many memories for me and of my friend

S. who did my makeup, gave me a pedicure, did my nails…

And the small Bridal shower my friends threw for me,

the one that my church in Ottawa did, as well as my NJ far-away church,

and my family Bridal shower in MI…

So many special memories!

***
I know I am going to treasure these special wedding memories for a long time to come!

4 comments:

Diana said...

This. Is. So. Beautiful. !! Oh, Elizabeth, what a sweet, sweet person you are to do this for your newly-married friend! How can any tea have been any more perfect than this! You surely blessed her heart in a hundred ways with your love in doing this. I especially love those napkin rings, they caught my eye right off, I'm glad you gave background on everything because I was curious about those. I continue to keep you in prayer for your happiness and daily strength. Sending you much love and blessings, dear friend!

Becki said...

So much beauty to look at in these pictures. I can almost imagine being there. You gave your friend a gift of celebration (and gifts) she'll remember always. Going to go back and look through the pictures again. So much to take in. :)

Mary said...

This is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !!! It is a picture, well, many pictures of the outcomes when acts of love and kindness take on form and forge a connection with friends that will bear such lasting effects. Your efforts to bless your friend turn around and bless all of us as well, from a distance, looking on. It is so admirable and, especially during a lockdown atmosphere, proves that love for one another cannot be "locked down". Bravo Elizabeth and thank you, thank you for presenting the reality that beauty really is a gift from God that we can give to each other without restriction or limitation.

Lisa said...

How thoughtful and wonderful! Just lovely, Elizabeth. These things are treasured memories, as you said.