Tuesday, September 22, 2020

And It Was Good: the wedding we were sponsors for























The wedding was so beautiful! 
We were with the Bride and Groom at liturgy that morning
and then went right home for our lunch and changing into
"our duds" as my Husband said :)
My dress, earrings and necklace + my full for-special-events only
makeup routine and my new white (Birkenstock!) sandals... 
and then we were back! 1:07 PM for 1:15 and I was there
as the Bride got her veil on, video-chatted with her grandparents in Poland,
did family prayers before the wedding
and then! up and up! the wedding!
And it was so beautiful. 
I did not get pictures of the wedding until 
the very very end as I was in the wedding! 
I and the Maid of Honour helped with her veil, which was so perfect
and beautiful, as you can see... 
and I can't wait to see, down the road, the professional pictures!
It was a small wedding, esp because of the pandemic
but so beautiful and reception was lovely, the decorations
(that her Mom did!) were just beautiful and we blessed the couple with
their wedding icons we got for them (that they picked out, just beautiful!)
and it was beautiful to see them at the reception at their table... 
It was so special. 
A real wonderful family affair... 
***
Yesterday I worked many hours on a tea for the Bride that we had today.
It was so beautiful.
I hope to share pictures soon of that and tell you about it.
But first things first, the wedding, as you can see it was lovely...
***
A little side note on something special I wore...


This bracelet was a gift for my 40th birthday from my
local Matushka (priest wife) and I was able to show her that I was 
wearing it before the wedding began. :)
***
Well, I am (understandably) tired from Sunday wedding,
Monday baking, cooking and setting the table,
with meals in between and a small nap,
from before 10 AM until well after 6 PM... 
And today the tea itself...
***
It was good though, as my Husband was in NYC doing an errand
so I had the house to myself and so the
Bride and I had a special tea today
that was strictly "girls only" which with Mr Husband
working from home 24x7 because of the pandemic,
it was really a mercy of God! And my Husband did come home
before my friend the newly Crowned Bride left,
so that was really nice too.
***
OK.  Time to wind down for bed.
I pray that God protects, upholds, comforts and helps you
in all things. 

5 comments:

Raluca said...

Seems like a lovely wedding indeed! Two questions, as a non-American Orthodox :) what was happening when the bride and groom were both in front of the Royal doors? and 2, what do you mean by your 40th wedding? Is this the 40th wedding you've sponsored?

Lisa said...

Did you mean 40th birthday? What a beautiful bracelet! I have never seen one like it. The wedding looks like it was a lovely affair.

Pilgrim said...

I’m glad they could carry on with the wedding, in the course of the pandemic. The Orthodox ceremony with its focus on traditional physical rituals gives so richness that it must seem complete, even without the “crowd.”

FYI, I thought I had read you were a reader of Dora Saint’s books, and found a post in a search of your blog. A few days ago, I found an episode of her being interviewed for the Desert Island Discs program. It was very enjoyable to her her speaking about her life and her taste in music. It was the July 4, 1977 episode, if you are interested in locating it.

Pilgrim said...

P.S. She was interviewed under her pen name, “Miss Read,” and should be searched for that way.

Granny Marigold said...

That must have been a lovely wedding. Your bracelet is beautiful as I'm sure you were as well.