Friday, September 18, 2020

St Elizabeth's Day ~ Heaviness and Light















Today is my Name's Day, 
as it is the day we remember St Elizabeth and Zachariah,
the parents of St John the Baptist. 
Today was a hard day for me.
I had terrible insomnia last night...
(I am sure the surprise/grief of losing my friends who move in 2 weeks
was part of the reason, grief and not sleeping are common for me). 
and various things did not go right.
But I want to remember some things that were good.
1. Moving my St Elizabeth's icon to the buffet for the day was lovely.
2. Chinese food for dinner (takeout!) was good.
3. I talked to my sister and niece today (the painting on the fridge she did
for us and gave us last time we saw them last Sunday!) 
over video chat.
4. My name's day present was the beautiful komboskini/prayer rope/prayer beads
that I got in Belgrade Serbia and used for the first time at the beautiful wedding we were at
and I put them away for a future gift for me, once we got back from that
very wonderful, memorable trip to Romania and Serbia. 
***
So a prayer request: 
It's a bit vague and I hope all will be OK,
but my Father-in-Law emailed us that my Mother-in-Law was going
to the ER with possible heart problems.
We just did a video call with them last night as a family
(that was great fun too!) ... 
getting that news was really difficult... but I texted various ones for 
prayer and that was a blessing... 
PLEASE do pray for my parents-in-law, I love them very much...
***
I wrapped up some last minute 'little things' for the Bridge and Groom...
I hope you find my 'wrapping job' pretty, I like doing it and doing my best....
with what I have and what time I have to use!
I am hoping we can have them over and give the gifts in person
at our house... we shall see... it's really difficult to do last minute planning
and saying goodbye :( and our schedules are really hard to match up...
***
I had a lot of grief today (lack of sleep did not help) about them leaving
and I am glad I can write about it here, as it helps me
not only process it but share it with those who care. 
***
Speaking of blog friends, I have at least 3 emails I am really behind on replying to.
It's just been a whirlwind of returning from MI, putting everything away,
reorganizing some closets, meals, laundry (oh my goodness the laundry!),
and other things thrown in... 
***
I need to do the following tomorrow:
1. Iron my Husband's shirt for the wedding.
2. Get wax out of my husband's 100% wool suit coat.  Any advice welcome!
3. Get myself ready for Sunday's wedding.
4. Confession and vespers tomorrow.
5. Meals.
***
Well, may God help us all
(and save, forgive, help and have mercy on us!)...
***
PS: Blogger notes:
today was a bit better in using it.
I figured out that if I have the picture that I want to put next to another picture
in focus and the picture below that I want to move *just* showing under it,
I can put my mouse over it, 'grab' it and move it up.
Somehow the main picture that you want to move it to has to be 
fully on the screen or it does not work.
So, in other words, I was moving one picture UP to go next to the picture
above it and the picture I moved had to be *just* showing on the screen
while where I was moving it to had to be *fully* on the screen.
Second, it started doing extra spaces between my text lines and I figured out that 
I had to move it back to 'Normal' as it somehow got on 'paragraph'
(this is the 6th thing you can do within blogger on the line of 'icons' under 
the title of your blog post). 
If I can figure out blogger (and not have unresolved problems) I will stay
because it will be easiest to do as I have so much invested here.
I do not in any way plan on stopping blogging, just to be clear.
I merely thought I may have to change blog platforms.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Happy, Happy Name Day Elizabeth!! I will most certainly say prayers for your parents-in-law. God is merciful and loves us and He hears our prayers. May God grant merciful healing to your mother-in-law. I will also remember to pray for you during this difficult time of saying goodbye to friends. I have lived a life of frequent 'coming and going' for many years for family matters. Sometimes I never know how long it will be until I get to come home. (Home being my beloved parish family). There have been many tears, although I was glad to go and help. In my heart, over a long period of time, I've come to have an almost disregard of physical addresses that separate us. In Christ, we are always together. Still, it gets lonely sometime but it has gotten so much better. God bless you and Mr. Husband.

Pilgrim said...

I’m sorry for your loss. We sorted my mother’s dishes and books today. It was hard, even over a year later.

I can give advice for getting out wax. Lay a paper towel over the wax. Lay a piece of wax paper over the paper towel. I can’t remember which side up.
Iron over the wax paper. Not sure if low heat is advised for this, depending on fabric.

This worked on a tablecloth, to get wax out. However, the red dye in the candle was not removed and had to be dealt with another way, if I remember right. I have a small quilt sampler to to this with, at present. No more excuses, I guess.