Thursday, September 17, 2020

OK, That's Hard (all good things are hard)










First, I finally was forced to use the new Blogger and 
as I expected I HATE it. 
Can't even move pictures like I used to.
It's very possible that I will be leaving blogger all together
but that will take time and time, well, I will have a bit more of that in October,
I think, anyway... 
Don't worry though, I won't just 'leave'... 
***
Well, on to what I wanted to write about.
The latest HARD.
So, what I thought may be in the works IS.
Our dear friends, who we are going to be in the wedding for 
this Sunday... they got a job offer in another State...and are moving...
in about 2 weeks... we hope to see them a lot before they move...
It's wonderful to get work at all during this difficult time
and it really feels to them and to us also that God is sending them
and that it is a good thing, but hard, for them to leave and for us to lose them.
They + my friend Photini are/were the main people we would have over,
other than my Munchkin and his Mom.
We had Photini and the nearly-newly-married couple over this summer.
And Photini is overseas (still working, remotely) for the foreseeable 
future.   (This is a good move for her, she's close to family!)
 Of people we had dinner parties with,
these 3 were it.  
So this is hitting me pretty hard.
I lost an amazing community of friends in Ottawa when I moved.
I have made some very meaningful friendships here, 
but of those who would come to my dinners, so many have left
over the years and I don't know who I can have come now
to most of the ones I would do.
Of course the pandemic has altered this but still.
This is my personal hard.
***
Well.  I am going to make a variation of this cake
I made the crockpot chicken, I used too much broth
(it was not as flavourful)
and I did it on low for 7 hours but the carrots were hard still.
So next time on high it goes. 
I was so busy today
(making the chicken, making lunch,
talking to my sister-friend, reorganizing one of our guestroom closets, 
a 3-4 phone meeting, quick snack, getting ready for the wedding rehearsal,
going to the rehearsal and hearing the news of our friend's move,
grabbing a few things at the upscale grocery store, 
eating dinner, prayers, zoom family meeting, more prayers,
cleaning, and now writing this.
A busy day.
*** 
May God have mercy on us,
save us, protect us, comfort us...

4 comments:

Lisa Richards said...

Yes, difficult to have friends move away! I'm not one to give advice on this since I'm not very social in the first place. I'm blessed to have family next door. They're my only socializing. :) I always have that problem with carrots and potatoes not getting done in the crockpot. I finally just started cooking them separately on the stove and adding them parboiled. Stay well, and God bless! (Yes, Blogger is a pain!)

Becki said...

Having relocated a number of times (before our 20-year stint where we live now), we've experienced both the leaving and the staying behind. Leaving is far easier (IMO), and over the last twenty years making new friends due to different seasons and new life paths isn't particularly fun (to me). Throw in the pandemic and it becomes really difficult. So my heart goes out to you as you anticipate saying goodbye to good friends. On a different note, seeing your crock pot there I'm reminded that I passed up taking home an identical one when clearing our MIL's house this summer. My hubs had one just like that when we first got married; or maybe his was green - I don't know for sure, but it was from the same era. While I sure don't need another crockpot I feel a twinge of regret seeing yours there. What a nostalgic piece of cookware. :)

Granny Marigold said...

Your day was definitely a busy one!!
I'm sorry your friends are moving. It will be hard and you'll miss them a lot.
Maybe once this pandemic has finally gone you can go to your church more regularly and perhaps find new friends there.

Gloria said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's leaving. It always take me a good long while to make new friends. I will be praying the Lord will send you someone unexpected over your horizon. I have found this new blogging to be a bit of a challenge as well. But I am starting to get the hang of it. It helps that I wasn't really all that good with the old one! I hope you won't leaving blogging altogether. I do enjoy seeing your posts. Blessings to you.