Saturday, September 19, 2020

Getting Ready...

 



I had plans and the most important of them happened...
I set up the iron, my Husband (I was nervous) got the wax out
of his suit coat himself, LOL... 
I ironed his 2 new white shirts (both needed it, it was buy 1 get 1 free)
and my new linen/poly outfit that I got at a thrift store for ONE dollar!
Looking back, I was really nervous this morning... 
but I slept better, that made a real difference.
My MIL is back home, not sure what was wrong; not heart; from the tests; 
she is still really tired; I do ask continued prayers.
I really love my family and family-in-law and how both rally in times of need.
I never got the biscuits and gravy I wanted to make made.
I was tired this afternoon and took a much needed nap...
My Husband, today, ordered a new CD/tape player to replace ours,
that broke, I am so happy for that; I have so many CDs I can enjoy! 
And we have some tapes still that I love...
I did the 'get ready for the wedding' bath tonight...
I am going to do my hair probably after liturgy and make up...
it's going to be a busy day; liturgy; home (church is just over 1 mile away)
for lunch; do hair, makeup, dress, hat, earrings, necklace... and come
back to be in the wedding, then pictures, reception...
please pray for the Bride and Groom, our dear friends who we are
their wedding sponsors for and who are moving in 2 weeks! 
So, I am wanting to BAKE but have not gotten there YET.
This apple cake Mat Emily mentioned on social media
has my attention (though I am going to add cinnamon!!!)
And I want to make this bread very soon, an easy pullman loaf!
Meanwhile, for myself (for my Husband I reheated chicken and veg leftovers)
I made myself a meal I was really craving... English Muffins with PB,
scrambled eggs, baked beans and half a banana with a pot of tea 
at the ready!  I felt so comforted and satiated, but not overly so... 
This morning I finally took a walk with Mr Husband...
early evening, Confession and Vespers... 
It was not a fully easy day (worries about my MIL, who is very much
loved by me and her son, my beloved Husband) but it had a 
peaceful end note and I am so thankful for that.
Whew.  I am also thankful for the support and prayers of 
my family and friends.
Well, now to do the last things of the evening and I hope, 
sleep a good night's sleep...
***
God bless you all and protect and comfort you!



3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I hope all went well at the wedding and that this couple will have a long and blessed life together.

Pilgrim said...

Yes, God bless their marriage. They had a beautiful day for a wedding, poised on the edge of autumn.
We can never take a day or another person for granted. I’m glad he got the wax out. The little things can make a big difference.
I hope your husband’s mother recovers. The stress of dealing with the pandemic is wearing on most of us.

Paula said...

Sorry, I've been MIA for a while. I'm so glad your MIL is home again. I hope they find the problem soon. We have the same problem with my FIL. He keeps passing out (though much less frequently than before) and forgetting and the doctors have no idea why. Luckily, being Canadian they can put him through every test possible. Most recently they are trying a blood sugar one and a sleep one (thinking apnea?). Lots of prayers for your MIL and the happy couple.

That apple cake looks yummy. Too many eggs for here, but it looks good.