Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Baptism, Change in Sunday's Dinner Menu and other adventures

 





I was at a baptism this morning!
It was really beautiful! 
I was so happy to be there!
(I am also really glad I have a hand-held fan for when my face with mask on
needs some air!) 




Like my Canadian car pillow? Thrift store find, of course!
I wrote this earlier on social media...

[This post is dedicated to my Grandma Ruth...]
I think she will remember that when I was a child, and would be at family gatherings at her and Grandpa's house, I would tell her: "Grandma, I have 2 sides of my stomach and my one side is for regular food and that side is very full but the other side is only for dessert and that is VERY empty" 🙂 ... this of course being when I would not want to finish my food but very much wanted to eat ICE CREAM!  🙂 
Well, today was a first.  I ended up having a smallish lunch and then went out again (I was at a baptism this morning, so wonderful!) ... when I got home I was so hungry that I baked a pre-made pizza, ate half of that (a 12" pizza) and about an hour or so later, I made dinner.  My Husband decided to have an ice cream filled Popsicle and I was so FULL that even my "dessert side" of my stomach had gotten squished from the "other side 😉 ) and I could only eat HALF of the Popsicle and had to put the other half in a container and put it back in the freezer 🙂  
Never thought that would happen, LOL! 🙂
***
[I wrote this also, earlier, on social media... I had just realized....]
 that Sunday (Julian calendar Feast of the Cross) is a fast day. We are having the newly crowned Bride and Groom Sunday night for a special dinner! Frantically (and super bummed, so much for chicken and cream 😥) wrote my spiritual father, got the blessing for fish, called a local fish stand, ordered wild caught Alaskan salmon, went there, then to my favourite upscale grocery store, bought vegan chocolate and vanilla ice cream and went back home, using light rail. The picture is when I was waiting for the light rail.....tomorrow I am baking an amazing chocolate raspberry cake! Meanwhile, I need fresh basil and lemons......
***
Well, that's today's stories! 
May God have mercy on us!

3 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I do like your comfy Canadian pillow.
Too bad you had to rush to change your menu but you managed.
I was wondering what the significance of the items in the second picture are. I'll check back to see if you had time to answer.

elizabeth said...

Granny Marigold: This is the priest special Box for doing the chrismation part of the baptism, which is after the baptism part.

karen said...

blessings on the newly baptized. I never thought of a hand fan, I get hot with a mask too!