Wednesday, September 16, 2020

First Full Day at Home









First full day home.
I woke up early; I often do when in transition
and also in grief; this year has that.
I was reminded again, by way of a friend's predicament, 
how HARD it is for families with children in school
during this still pandemic time.
I hope to make this roast chicken tomorrow that
I made this past July
and also Marion Cunningham's Rescue Biscuits... 
I will probably make a pot of chicken soup also....
so we will have plenty of food for the weekend as well! 
the table decorations are new... (the large doily was from my Great Aunt P 
and was passed down to her).... New Delft blauw vase and fabric flowers...
The silver (tin? aluminum?) tray was my Oma's and my Mom gave it to me
this past trip... after I said I was looking for a tray esp for Christmas,
when I have my Christmas decorations out... this one is just perfect! 
Well, we went swimming today, the water was COLD cold COLD! 
That may be our last swim of the season! 
I always have a hard time with transitions and leaving family...
but I am so so thankful I was able to visit... 
My favourite little diner, Ridgeway dinner in NYC is closed for good 
from what Google is saying.
I am so sorry for that, it was such a special diner, kind people there
and it was a quiet peaceful place. 
Well, I am quite tired so will try to sleep now.
God bless you all and keep you! 

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

It's back to planning meals and keeping your home organized. Your doily is beautiful and the tray will be perfect for displaying seasonal 'stuff'.
Peach/Apricot tea sounds wonderful.