Monday, June 24, 2019

Hello, Monday!


One of the best moments of my day
is having a sip of Holy Water and a small piece of Prosphora bread
(bread that has pieces taken out to put in the Chalice for Holy Communion)
before anything else is drank or eaten.
This picture (above) spoke to me of the abundance of what I have been given...
***
Mr Husband and I went to both to where the public library in Princeton sells books
and to a bookstore and in both places I was drawn to the cookbooks 
above all else... 
I've been pondering this fact since I realized this and wonder 
what that means for me... 



A variation on a pasta my friend A. made me years ago in Ottawa...
mushrooms, peppers, scallions, tomatoes, garlic and baby bok choy 
fried in sunflower oil! 
Seasoned with salt and pepper... 
I fried the baby bok choy and scallions first with some minced garlic! 
Then I added the rest and added more garlic! 
Added to the just made steaming hot pasta and was done! 
We did add a bit more salt but other than this,
it was perfect.
And we have enough to make another meal tomorrow,
I think this one will have rice as the base... (we finished the noodles)...
***
Today was a day that I felt a big deflated after so much wonderfulness.
***
While I have not written yet much on my week in PA,
I was at the Ellwood City Monastery and a Ancient Faith Conference
and I felt so much peace, joy and love pouring out around me
and in me and I wish I could keep all of that goodness in me,
but I am sinner and was, as per usual, unable to.
But I have that memory of it
and I know heaven is a lot like what I felt,
that love, peace and joy...
as well as feeling so happy, fully myself and able to
enjoy others presence...
(not that I did not have to take an Introvert break, I did need this!)
***
And then last week was so busy and then fun with the ball and seeing 
friends... it was no wonder that this day felt a bit
Mondayish.
***
But tomorrow I go to NYC to meet a dear one in my life
and it will be a 2 year old dream to have this time.
***
And so, I bid this Monday adieu and
wish all of you God's mercy, comfort and help...  

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Have a blessed day with your dear friend.

Elizabethd said...

I love hearing of all the things you are dpoing.....and there is a letter nearly ready to go!

elizabeth said...

Thanks so much G.M. I did!

elizabeth said...

Thank you so much Elizabethd! I can't wait to receive your letter ❤❤❤