Saturday, June 08, 2019

A Summer Drenched Saturday


There is a detail in this icon of Christ's Ascension that
is hard to see in pictures but that you notice when 
in front of the actual icon:
the nail holes in Christ's feet.
It is awe-inspiring to think of Christ ascending bodily to Heaven
with His wounds that He sustained to save us...














So much of what I love in summertime... 
*Swimming in the outdoor pool
*roses in bloom in gardens
*ice cream in an ice cream cone bowl
*vespers on a summer Saturday evening... 
***
I am all packed and fly tomorrow after liturgy locally, DV.
Please keep praying for our local priest who is recovering from pneumonia. 
***
I am rather shocked that I managed to pack a week's worth of clothes 
(and the silver-plate teapot I got for 18.00 at the VNA rummage sale,
 will show you later DV when I use it!) into a carry-on suitcase... 
of course being summer, this helps matters... 
I did, however, order tea and had it delivered to my friend's house! :) 
***
I hope your Saturday had some moments of peace...
and that God is sustaining you through whatever you are in 
right now... 

3 comments:

Paula said...

What a wonderful day! I'm a long way from having roses, but the lilacs are wonderful. There are so many bumblebees that the trees are just buzzing.

GretchenJoanna said...

Safe travels!

It's quite hot here this week. But we had a moleben of Thanksgiving yesterday afternoon and the church was just lovely and cool. We don't have AC - it's all because of the architecture.

Tracy said...

BEAUTIFUL photos, Elizabeth! After a rather variable spring, we're having a tiny taste of summer days now. Wishing you safe travels and happy times, my friend--God Bless you! The plate of life has been full here (when is it not?!), so I'm slow to catching up with you...but glad to be here now. :) ((HUGS)