Thursday, July 14, 2016

Finds of the day included one by Madeleine L' Engle




I could not believe it.
My Mom and I went to a thrift store we do not usually go to...
not only did I find some really nice clothes,
but this book!!!
I have a similar hardcover edition of this book by Madeleine L' Engle but
was so surprised when I opened it to find that she had signed it!
I felt like God had just given me a real gift of a book, for 2.00, a beat up,
water stained, old first printing book of one of my favourite books! 
I admit to feeling really loved! 
***
I've been processing somethings while I am home and it was a real gift to get this book, just now.
***
I also have been on a search for a new
rain jacket that would look nice, was black
and had a hood....
I had ordered one that looked great online but in person,
well, it looked horrible on me.
So when I saw this one and how it fit,
I knew it was the one I was looking for!
And only 11.99 at the thrift store!
The ones I was considering buying were over 100.00
so this was a real find! 


I don't know if I will be able to blog again before I am back home on Tuesday,
but Mr Husband is home and we are talking each
morning and night, as well as chatting in the daytime...
so nice to have such technology while I am home visiting family!

2 comments:

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun! Such bargains!

Jennifer Hays said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love your jacket! That will be so nice in the rain. I love finding old books that have obviously been used and loved, especially when they have notes written in them. Enjoy your new finds.