Tuesday, November 18, 2014

{Around the House} ~ Amish Quilt: a gift from Mr. Husband's parents many years ago

A while back I heard Mr. Husband 
mention that his parents had
given him a quilt to celebrate his 
long years of scholastic achievement and completion.
That this quilt was made by the Amish in Wisconsin
and was subtle,
a trompe l'oeil ... you either see it all or
see nothing but a blue sheet...perhaps 
seeing that is a quilted blue blanket...


Subtle it is but sublime in it's 
beauty, wreathed with many flowers!


A beautiful boarder.


A Stunning Centre.



A beautiful thing for a Bridge of now
two years to discover in her husband's possessions
newly unearthed!




The artistry, the detail and design is first rate.


A lovely bedspread for winter time,
and my beloved husband's favourite colour.


I am so glad to be married to my 
beloved husband and make
a beautiful home for him!
*
Finding this most thoughtful gift 
from his parents was just delightful!

9 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

What a treasure!

Paula said...

Very pretty! A lot like the Welsh wholecloth quilts. I'd like to make one one of these days (http://fabadashery.blogspot.ca/2013/10/welsh-wholecloth-quilts-welsh-quilt.html)

elizabeth said...

Yes, Elizabeth, that's what I think!

Paula, wow, that's really neat! thanks for sharing that link!!

Nancy said...

Elizabeth,

Mr Husband had that beautiful quilt all that time and didn't tell you?! Is he hiding any other treasures!

Paula - thanks for the link. Wow!!! I think I found my new beautiful objet d'art to covet (cause I wasn't coveting enough as it is. Thanks for the aid to growing in sanctity)

Lisa said...

Wow

Anonymous said...

That quilt is just divine! The amount of work is staggering! I can't believe hubby forgot to mention it for so long. ;)

Nancy said...

Agreed. I think Elizabeth has the right to nurse a grudge over this until Forgiveness Sunday

elizabeth said...

Nancy, That is so funny! I told my husband about holding the grudge until forgiveness Sunday and now we are using it as our latest joke :)))) you're the best :)

Now you just HAVE to start a blog to show us all your treasures!

Matushka Anna said...

How lovely!